Time to RAOK! FALL 2009 CL SUBFORUM GX *BUDDY INFO THREAD*

This is really hard to do-It requires a lot of thinking!!!

Things I love :smile:blank notebooks/journals, interesting pens, post it notes, french milled soaps, headbands, dark chocolate, clean smelling body lotion, cute dog toys, fluffy slippers, interesting cookbooks, black waterproof mascara

Things I don't like :sad: fruity smelling lotions and perfumes, baking stuff, souvenir type gifts, most perfumes other than specified in my info on pg. 1, DVDs (no patience to watch them), candy (really do like, but don't want to eat), socks, neon nail polish

ok, I'll try to keep these tangible!

things I love: champagne, things with my initial, yummy cupcakes ( vanilla & raspberry are my favs ), luxurious bath and body products, lip balms, etc. I'm a bit of a pretty paper and pen girl, too!

things I don't love: not much of a chocolate girl, citrus scented products, flip flops.

things i love: citrus-smelling candles, chocolate, purse-sized hand lotion, small empty notebooks (like my sweet RAOK buddy gave me!), harmless chew toys for my golden retriever, something from the state where my buddy lives (like my sweet RAOK buddy gave me!), pedicure/manicure supplies, small picture frames, long winter scarves that aren't wool.

things i DON'T LOVE: candles that smell like food (except citrus) ... like vanilla or apples or cinammon; neon, pink, or coral nail polish, bright-colored eye shadow, anything that's too young for my 63-year-old self!

Things I love:
I love to help homeless dogs, J, Crew, sour candy, cashmere, Hello Kitty, silver jewelry, sushi, vintage jewelry (Miriam Haskell and Juliana), Hydrangeas, lavender scent, Godiva dark chocolate truffles, Crumbs cupcakes (chocolate), Sephora, Starbucks, go to the movies (AMC), spicy food, bags, Victoria’s Secret. Broadway, Rosa Mexicano, Itunes and seafood.

Things I don’t like:
I don’t like peanut butter anything, licorice, knickknacks, crocs, neon colors, milk chocolate or white chocolate, nuts in general, cats, to do puzzles, country music (but Carrie Underwood is an exception), white shoes, jelly beans, polyester, TWIZZLERS, Sugar free candy, Mint chocolate, cherry flavor, I don’t like to cook, fruity smells, DVD’s (I’m always on the go), dark and neon nail polish.

Oooh, specifics are so hard! Okay...

Things I love: manicure/pedicure stuff (tools, creams, and especially polish, all colors equally loved!), new notebooks, anything intended to help me organize my stuff, chocolate, tea, books (usually fiction, but I love to read almost anything), DVDs (especially comedy or action), Sephora, anything orange-scented, cookbooks or cooking tools, restaurant or movie theater (AMC) gift cards, champagne or sparkling wine, and I'm trying to start wearing scarves more because I think they're cute but it's not a habit of mine so I always forget

Things I don't love: lotion or body products that smell like food, seafood, coffee, knick-knacks that don't serve any purpose except to sit on my shelves (containers or things that have functions are great, though!), most stuff with leopard print (although I'm occassionally surprised!)

Crap glad I looked in here. I didn't realize there was more!!

Things I love: hockey - more specificially the Pittsburgh Penguins, my dogs and anything to do with them, reading, lavender bubble bath from Pelindaba Lavender, the beach, taking pictures, fruity alcoholic drinks, baked sweets (like cupcakes, cookies, etc.), the smell of gardenias, massages/manicures/pedicures, Willow Tree figurines

Things I don't love: candles (I use Scentsy and just broke one of them), cooking, wine, picture frames (yes I know it's kind of a contradiction), I'm not really a knick knack person other than the Willow Trees because I have nowhere to put them.

Last edited:
Things I love: fine stationery/note cards, leather journals, photography, the smell of sandalwood, super soft bathrobes, personalized embossers, calligraphy, pitbulls in general but especially my own, sephora, jcrew, pottery barn, levenger, reading.

Thing's I dont love: item's with logo's everywhere, things that smell like food, loud perfumes/make-up/nail polish, knick knacks, fruity smells in general, patchouli scent, flip flops, things that are gimmicky in general, floral prints, sports on tv, reality tv shoes, clutter.

(Geesh, this was harder than I thought)

Things I L:heart:VE: Nail Polish (except very dark colors), Woodsy and Eucalyptus scents, Dyptique sprays and candles, Sephora, Note Cards, Bookmarks, S-Factor classes, Movies, Chocolate Milk or Dark (equal opportunity chocolate lover!), Shoe Care stuff, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Crate & Barrel, West Elm, H&M and so much more!

I'm not crazy about shoe-themed or other cutesy novelty items, fruity, sweet or vanilla smelling stuff, logo clothing and I don't drink alcohol.

Things I need/love: a lint brush, I keep meaning to buy one, but I feel like the sticky ones are just really bad for the environment! Apparently Rdgldy and I have the same interests. I love post-its. Pens (fine tip please), need a small notebook (by small I mean agenda sized - 8 X 5 or so). Anything scrapbooking related - stickers are always great (Any sort of alphabet stickers). Just got a new camera and I need an 8gb memory card! Just read "The Book of Negroes" and I highly recommend it, so if you've got a book you love, I'm looking for something to read (I want to read the Tipping point). Nail polish in any any any colour. I am lacking in the reds because I tend to be attracted to less conventional nail colours (blues and greens). I also need toe separators and a crystal nail file. I love tv dvds. I own Scrubs, Six Feet Under, Alias, and Arrested Development. Need Friends season 4, 7 & 10. Need 24 season 5. 13 Going on 30 is one of my favourite movies, but I don't own the DVD, I would love it though. A DVD of a comedian would be awesome too Seinfeld, Robin Williams anything. Also any season of Seinfeld other than 5 or 6. My puppy could always use toys. She loves her pink piggy and a pink squeaky bone. It's safe to say she loves pink. Also love pashminas - don't have to be expensive - my favourite one was $8 in NYC Chinatown and it's purple. Candy is always great, just not too chewy please, truffles are too strong for me as well, but throw in a reese's pb cup and I'm good!

Things I dislike...scented items, knick-knacks, shoe themed stuff, leopard print.

Things I need/love: a lint brush, I keep meaning to buy one, but I feel like the sticky ones are just really bad for the environment! Apparently Rdgldy and I have the same interests. I love post-its. Pens (fine tip please), need a small notebook (by small I mean agenda sized - 8 X 5 or so). Anything scrapbooking related - stickers are always great (Any sort of alphabet stickers). Just got a new camera and I need an 8gb memory card! Just read "The Book of Negroes" and I highly recommend it, so if you've got a book you love, I'm looking for something to read (I want to read the Tipping point). Nail polish in any any any colour. I am lacking in the reds because I tend to be attracted to less conventional nail colours (blues and greens). I also need toe separators and a crystal nail file. I love tv dvds. I own Scrubs, Six Feet Under, Alias, and Arrested Development. Need Friends season 4, 7 & 10. Need 24 season 5. 13 Going on 30 is one of my favourite movies, but I don't own the DVD, I would love it though. A DVD of a comedian would be awesome too Seinfeld, Robin Williams anything. Also any season of Seinfeld other than 5 or 6. My puppy could always use toys. She loves her pink piggy and a pink squeaky bone. It's safe to say she loves pink. Also love pashminas - don't have to be expensive - my favourite one was $8 in NYC Chinatown and it's purple. Candy is always great, just not too chewy please, truffles are too strong for me as well, but throw in a reese's pb cup and I'm good!

Things I dislike...scented items, knick-knacks, shoe themed stuff, leopard print.

Buddy I realized what I forgot and I am always in need of - heel grips. My selection in Canada is pretty slim with only Dr. Scholls and Airplus that I've found so far, so any other brand of heel grips would be great - Foot petals maybe!

Things I Love:
Bath/body/spa products (anything luxurious and pampering)
Anything peppermint (except actual mints!)
Lip gloss (Sugar, B.E. Buxom-Starr, Sephora fresh)
Good chocolate (milk or dark)
Purse sized hand creams
Nail polish (OPI, China Glaze)
Mani/pedi items (cuticle oil, exfoliator, scents for my parafin bath, etc..)

Etc.... I'm always willing to try someone else's favorite of anything. Some of my best 'must have's' come from the advice of friends.

Things I don't love:
Strong sweet/flowery scents
Novelty/knick-knack items
Neon/bright colors

Thanks for starting this, ShoeBunny! The new additions were just brought to my attention, and they sure do involve a lot of thought but I think this is very helpful.

Things I love/need: A nice, sturdy folding umbrella. Walking all around campus all day, I really need an umbrella. I have one but it's huge and one of the metal thingies is broken. I'd really like to get a cool designer one but haven't found anything yet. Techie things (some sort of comfy earbuds for my iPod since the Apple ones are really uncomfortable, or really any Apple-type item, I'm pretty easily amused by that kind of stuff). Mother's Taffy cookies (I love, love, LOVE those, but they're not sold out here). Sterling silver jewelry that's feminine without being dainty--if that makes sense, heh. Scented things (lotions, bubble bath, candles)--anything but patchouli. Love MAC cosmetics, but particularly cool (interesting, not cool color family) eye shadows--with it getting nearer to the holidays they might have their annual collection of shadow compacts). But really, aside from what I've put below, I'm happy with most anything!

Things I do not love: Gardening paraphernalia. I like various liqueurs, but as I live in Kansas, alcohol can't be shipped to me legally, so I guess nix that idea. Anything pink. Coffee.

Last edited:
So I was creeping on ShoeNoob's post and to her buddy the Gap sells cute and good quality umbrellas. They're pretty small and I swear by mine, I've had it for 3 years, it's starting to look a little ragged, but since I usually lose umbrellas in that time, I'm very happy with it. Hope this post helps!