Time machine Noé

michelle217

Aug 11, 2015
I've been considering an epi Petit Noé for some time now but finally pulled the trigger on the fuchsia one when it showed as in stock on LV.com the other day. It arrived today and even though I love the style and color, something immediately seemed...off about it. The leather seemed much more relaxed than the one I tried on in the store some time ago, but I figured that helped with the slouchy style. Also there was a strange musty smell. Hmmm. Perhaps I should check the date code, I thought.

noecode.jpg

Yes, you're reading that right! This is a bag made in the 34th week of 2012, "fresh" off the website. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm currently on hold with LV customer service. I've become less picky over the last couple of years, but.... if I wanted a five year old bag I would have bought it pre-loved for way less! :whut:

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I've been buying newer bags from the site so I don't look at the date codes but I will start now....I wonder where it's been for that long? Let me know how long you're on hold with customer service!

Reactions: michelle217
I've been buying newer bags from the site so I don't look at the date codes but I will start now....I wonder where it's been for that long? Let me know how long you're on hold with customer service!
I was on hold about 20 minutes.... and she was very helpful. I'm going to send it back and -- if I decide I still want it -- I'll get my SA to order one in so I can see it before purchasing. It's funny but the operator said that it's never been a very popular bag so it's probably just been lingering in the warehouse.

I was on hold about 20 minutes.... and she was very helpful. I'm going to send it back and -- if I decide I still want it -- I'll get my SA to order one in so I can see it before purchasing.
The hold time sounds about right.....I'm so sorry, I know it's disappointing to have something wrong with the item you get online..the fuchsia is such a beautiful color !

Did you get it? How do you like it? I've seen pictures and it looks gorgeous , I wasn't sure if the straps are too long?
I've been thinking about getting a Neverfull DA for a while, but something's been stopping me. When I saw the Propriano I knew it was the Azur bag I've been waiting for. Like an upscale Neverfull....the straps are a bit longer, but I don't find them too long at all. Just perfect really! And it feels like a bag that's actually worth the price tag with the braided handles and the microfiber interior. Two thumbs up is my first impression. Sharing a pic of it with its side domes snapped closed.... :smile: (I'll probably take the tassel off though. I'm not a tassel person.)IMG_1932.JPG

I was on hold about 20 minutes.... and she was very helpful. I'm going to send it back and -- if I decide I still want it -- I'll get my SA to order one in so I can see it before purchasing. It's funny but the operator said that it's never been a very popular bag so it's probably just been lingering in the warehouse.
That's probably right. I have known bags staying in the stockroom for years.

Reactions: michelle217
I've been considering an epi Petit Noé for some time now but finally pulled the trigger on the fuchsia one when it showed as in stock on LV.com the other day. It arrived today and even though I love the style and color, something immediately seemed...off about it. The leather seemed much more relaxed than the one I tried on in the store some time ago, but I figured that helped with the slouchy style. Also there was a strange musty smell. Hmmm. Perhaps I should check the date code, I thought.

View attachment 3672698

Yes, you're reading that right! This is a bag made in the 34th week of 2012, "fresh" off the website. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm currently on hold with LV customer service. I've become less picky over the last couple of years, but.... if I wanted a five year old bag I would have bought it pre-loved for way less! :whut:

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

If it's flawless and new, I think it's fine. I would return if you think it has been used, although LV claims they are all brand new.

In my country, we get up to 30 days exchange policy but no way of returning an item. I'm always skeptical if someone buys it to use for an event/function and exchange it for something else.

I've been thinking about getting a Neverfull DA for a while, but something's been stopping me. When I saw the Propriano I knew it was the Azur bag I've been waiting for. Like an upscale Neverfull....the straps are a bit longer, but I don't find them too long at all. Just perfect really! And it feels like a bag that's actually worth the price tag with the braided handles and the microfiber interior. Two thumbs up is my first impression. Sharing a pic of it with its side domes snapped closed.... :smile: (I'll probably take the tassel off though. I'm not a tassel person.)View attachment 3672738
I really like your Propriano bag, love this sinched in on the sides create this shape bag :heart:
Shame about the noe. It's true u could have bought it cheaper pre loved for the age of it. I don't mind a year or so old. But 5 year old bag and selling it as brand new is quite hard to accept even if no one used it. Poor bag must have been hidden and become the forgotten one.:sad: