Tim Gunn's guide to style *new show*

...I think the CM dress wasn't that bad. I love prints on dresses. I love DVF wrap dresses with all the prints. I am not a basic black kind of gal. I love color. I don't even think I own a single black handbag.
Well let me tell you, I thought about you and mshel and the other fans of that dress last night watching some TV show about the latest runway doings, and it appears that you all and catherine are right on the money, and the coming thing is going to be big bold colorful prints!

I may not be a big print person, but I do love me some color. Periwinkle blue is my True Neutral, or whatever you call blue with just a kiss of lavender, and I should have a bag in that color, but don't. Nor do I have a whole lot of black ones. The one in current rotation is a simple medium hobo that I bought at Burlington Coat Factory for $11.99 because I noticed I did not have a black bag in the Rotation, and the ones I do have are not in Current Rotation because I don't like them that much right now, so I bought the hobo mostly because it had a Chanel-style chain strap, which is a purse element I have been liking for a couple of years. And it has a tassel. The neighborhood Teen Fashionista posse asked me if it was a something or other, they do that about almost everything I come out of the house wearing, they cannot get it through their heads that I am poor, poorer even than they are, and we all live in a poor neighborhood, hello! and not into famous names on clothing, and my clothes are simpler and less fashionable than what their mothers wear, yet they regularly ask me to help them assemble outfits for their various Teen Events, and even take my advice sometimes when I tell them the simple dress and accessories that go not match will look much nicer than the stripper heels, micro-skirt and Bedazzled bra top they had all laid out.

:rant: The preceding off-topic rant has been brought to you by The Pills.

^^^

Then, what that means woman, is that your are rocking your clothes no matter the cost/label! What a compliment!!

"Brought to you by The Pills"...oh my...I laugh!

When I was pregnant, I relied on my 'state' to excuse many a thing. "Pregnancy Brain"..."oops, so sorry, Pregnancy Brain again". :smile:

Now, I'm just slightly too young to use "Senile Moment".

So, I'm in an excuse pergatory.

You've got "The Pills". I need something and I refuse to use my hair color (which is blonder than what appears in my avatar).

..What a compliment!!..!
It is, and I do appreciate it, but it is so absurd. I mean, we live in one of those little subdivisions with 2 unit "townhomes" and horrid Bradford pears just coming into their Age of Destruction, what passes in these parts for low income housing. I doubt there is a single designer bag in the whole hood, the cost of one of those things would be more than people here bring home in a month!
When I was pregnant, I relied on my 'state' to excuse many a thing. "Pregnancy Brain"..."oops, so sorry, Pregnancy Brain again". :smile:

Now, I'm just slightly too young to use "Senile Moment".

So, I'm in an excuse pergatory.

You've got "The Pills". I need something and I refuse to use my hair color (which is blonder than what appears in my avatar).
:roflmfao: You made me spit pills on my monitor!

Helooooo

Anyone here????

I'm a thread hog tonight. A lonely thread hog. Oink. (so sorry, tired.)

I like this gal VERY much. I keep catching myself smiling throughout the show because her smile is infectious.

I enjoyed this week's guest star a lot more, although I didn't especially like the outfits she ended up with, but I almost never like the reveal outfits on these shows anyway.

I do think Valvo was an excellent choice for her "couture" dress, clean, simple elegant lines are what he does best, and what Jen (I think that's her name) needs most. Actually that's what everybody needs most.

Her wedding dress was just beautiful, I hope she was able to get Tim to splash out to have it cut down.

It was fun to watch what an afternoon with Benny Ninja did for her attitude, I didn't like the bag they gave her, I'm not a fan of contrasting topstitching, in my opinion, the money would have been better spent on a little cosmetic dentistry for her, she is really a very pretty lady, with a beautiful smile, reduce that gap just a smoosh and her smile would light up a city.

Of the Valvo gowns, I think she looked best in that long Mae West one, and in her big reveal, where was her new bra? She really needed to jack 'em up a bit, she had ghetto line**!

Once again, Tim shocked me by letting her get a double-breasted trench coat. At least he apparently got her to go with a black one, but still...

** Neither derogatory or ethnicity-related, the term refers to a visible vertical line in exposed and separated cleavage, caused by failure of the cleavage owner to sufficiently jack the girls up. I think it is called ghetto line because it is so commonplace, and is in fact inevitable unless one has a bra that actually fits, which, according to statistics, would be about 5% of the bra-wearing population.

Ghetto line should not be confused with granny cleavage, which is a visible vertical line in non-separated cleavage, and is the result, once again, of an ill-fitting bra, where the girls are too smushed together. I believe it is called granny cleavage because it was actually a popular look around the Camelot era, and was hung onto by many women of Elizabeth Taylor's generation, who continue to sport granny cleavage despite decades of style changes.

Just (finally) saw the first episode of this show. I adore Tim Gunn. He is the most elegant man I know of these days. And he seems to be so sweet!!! The show is OK. I will probably watch it again, I'm sure there will be style tidbits that I can use.

I finally had time to watch this show (two episodes) and I absolutely love it! Tim Gunn's personality is what entertains me. I don't know anything about Veronica Webb so I can't tell if her snobby personality is an act for the show or if it's natural, but either way, it makes for an interesting show.

I'm going shopping this weekend for my "10 Must Haves" starting with a black dress and a trench coat. I wish he'd have a "must have" list for accessories too.