Tights issue - opinions please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all -

I just bought 2 new pairs of Hue tights from Saks.

I bought a black and brown pair last year and the black pair ended up with a giant hole in the crotch the 2nd time I wore them (I bought the correct size for my body). I decided to give the brand another try and bought 2 colored pairs this year. I'm wearing one of the new pairs for the 1st time now and just went to the rest room, and what do you know - hole forming in the crotch.

I'm super annoyed :cursing:- what should I do? Send them back? Even if I've worn them once? If I try to return them should I wash them (I'd like to b/c I feel gross about returning dirty tights)? Should I return/complain to Saks, or to Hue? Anyone ever had this issue?

Please guide me - thanks!

2. I think you should contact Hue. Looking at their website, they seem to have a fairly generous return policy, which may also translate to standing by their products.

Cyn

3. You can't return tights legally. But you may get a refund because of the manufacturing defect. I would try Saks first because Hue will probably just send you a new pair instead.

4. Ugh that's annoying. I just got black and navy pairs from the Hue store. Now I'm scared to wash them...they seemed pretty sturdy when I was wearing them so I hope they don't get a hole. But yeah, I agree with trying to contact Hue.

5. Assuming you bought the same size in all the Hue tights you have, and this is only happening with certain pairs, it sounds like a defect to me. Not sure if you bought them from the retail store or saks.com, but perhaps exchanging them for another pair (with the explanation that this pair is defective) might be easier than trying to get your $ back?

Sorry you're dealing with this. I love Hue tights because they're the most opaque.

6. Thank you for the input ladies - I'd really like to get an exchange pair and see what happens... if those rip, then I'd like my money back (I bought them on Saks.com btw)...

I'm not as annoyed as I was the other day... but we'll see how it turns out... if they had ripped after several washes and wears, that would be understandable... they are tights, and prone to runs, and they are not super pricey ones like Wolford, but they shouldn't rip on the first wear - ridiculous - I think that's what really got me!

7. I bought two pair of Hue tights from Saks.com last year. So far, they have held up very well.