Tight jeans after 40?

pato

Jan 1, 2007
Greetings, I am 42, size 0-2 and 5'2. I tried this cool pair of designer jeans and they look good but they are on the tight side. So, do you guys think tight jeans are a No-No after 40? or Am I still able to wear them without looking ridiculous?

Thanks so much!

Are you kidding? Celebrities over 40 aside, there are plenty of 40-somethings that can get away with tight jeans with no problem.

My sister-in-law and best shopping buddy is 43 and is a total hottie. She dresses my age (29) and carries it off better than I do. She wears skinnies, leggings, and babydolls, and looks totally adorable doing so. If I look half as hot as her when I am that age, I'll be wearing tight jeans too.

Of course, you need the body whether you are 20 or 40, and everything has its place. Probably not appropriate to wear skin tight skinnies when you are 40 with three young kids going to soccer games and PTA meetings.

Absolutely! But I agree, it depends on your body. People should always dress to what suits their body type, and more petite ppl tend to look better in the painted on variety! Personnally, I don't care if you're 13 or 63, if you're very heavy, your jeans should probably not be tight!

From your description, you sound cute and petite, so go for it!

If it goes with the rest of your look it should be fine.

My DH used to say "no tight skirts over 30" but now that I'm over thirty he tells me I'm one of the few who can pull it off until after 40, LOL. Basically because I've kept myself in shape.

Thanks so much!! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am a college professor and I was afraid I could look silly. Of course, I will NEVER wear them to school but there is this awful voice in the back of my mind that is always screaming: your time is over!!!

I am petite and look younger than I am, I think, not sure about that anymore

LOL

LOL this made me think of my mom! She was a vegetarian for 15 years which kept her in great shape...and she has some weight gain issues (she drinks those shakes with tons of calories in it and it does nothing!). Shes a size two and can totally rock the tight jeans; They never look out of place. But my friends mom looks to be a size six or eight and she looks great too. It depends on what you wear them with and if they look good with your body shape.

Thank you All!! I think I'll get the jeans and take a picture so you can give me your honest opinion. My husband is not good at telling me what looks good and I have no friends in this country that I can trust. I am feeling a lot better about getting them though!!! :tup: