Tiffiany Satin Ring - ReFinishing

anshu.maheshwari

Jul 21, 2020
I am thinking of getting Tiffany Platinum Satin finish wedding band. One of the representative in the store told that it will require refinishing as frequently as 6 months (when wore daily even without heavy work) for which we have to give them the ring for ~15 days as it will sent to New York.

Do anyone own satin finish ring? How is your experience?

She said as it is satin/matte finish, it might wear off and become shiny like other platinum rings. Hence, will require refinishing to maintain the same look.

She said with everyday wear the inside of ring will surely start to show shiny part within a year.

My husband’s wedding ring has (had) satin components and they did shine up over the years. You can’t tell a difference now between the shiny parts and those that were satin.

She said as it is satin/matte finish, it might wear off and become shiny like other platinum rings. Hence, will require refinishing to maintain the same look.

She said with everyday wear the inside of ring will surely start to show shiny part within a year.
Interesting, I didn't know about that. I'll check it in a couple of months especially the inside of the ring and see if it becomes shiny...

My husband’s wedding ring has (had) satin components and they did shine up over the years. You can’t tell a difference now between the shiny parts and those that were satin.
I see.
How frequently did you get it re-finished?
And around how many years it took for satin to become shiny?

I am thinking of getting - https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rings/tiffany-essential-band-satin-finish-ring-GRP10494/
which is completely satin and worried how frequently I need to send it away for 15 days...