Tiffany watches?

Annawakes

Apr 25, 2016
Hello! Does anyone have any experience good or bad with Tiffany watches? I haven't seen any threads about watch reveals...are they not popular?

I'd include a picture of the one I'm interested in but the website is not working for me right now. Thanks in advance for any replies!

I have 2 Tiffany Grand watches, and have had them for about 5-6 years or so? They are both stainless steel with diamonds. I purchased one directly from the store, it was about $5,000, has a pink face. I love the watch so much. About once every 2 years or so, the battery dies and I take it in to Tiffany's and they replace it at the store for me for around $50-&75 (I can't remember exactly but it's not bad). I love the watch so much, I ended up buying a preloved one on eBay in excellent condition for only $1000 (with a light blue face). I love the watches and never will sell them, but just so you know, Tiffany watches do not hold their value (at least in the short term, maybe super old vintage ones do). I guess pretty much all watches with Quartz movement from what I now understand after research don't hold their value as well as ones with Automatic movement (like a lot of Rolex and Cartier). I really like the idea of getting a Cartier watch, but I live pretty far from a Cartier store and for maintenance that would be a pain. I will never let anyone touch my Tiffany watch for the battery besides Tiffany's, because once a long time ago I had a nice (for me at the time) Kenneth Cole watch that needed the battery replaced, and I took it into some jewelry store in the mall for a replacement. They totally scratched up the watch because they did not have the right tool to do it, but "made it work". So I only let Tiffany's touch my Tiffany stuff! Anyhow I have had no problems with my watches at all, just routine battery replacement and I love them. They are gorgeous and make me happy every time I wear them. But if you can find a pre-loved authentic one in excellent condition, even better I say!

I have 2 Tiffany Grand watches, and have had them for about 5-6 years or so? They are both stainless steel with diamonds. I purchased one directly from the store, it was about $5,000, has a pink face. I love the watch so much. About once every 2 years or so, the battery dies and I take it in to Tiffany's and they replace it at the store for me for around $50-&75 (I can't remember exactly but it's not bad). I love the watch so much, I ended up buying a preloved one on eBay in excellent condition for only $1000 (with a light blue face). I love the watches and never will sell them, but just so you know, Tiffany watches do not hold their value (at least in the short term, maybe super old vintage ones do). I guess pretty much all watches with Quartz movement from what I now understand after research don't hold their value as well as ones with Automatic movement (like a lot of Rolex and Cartier). I really like the idea of getting a Cartier watch, but I live pretty far from a Cartier store and for maintenance that would be a pain. I will never let anyone touch my Tiffany watch for the battery besides Tiffany's, because once a long time ago I had a nice (for me at the time) Kenneth Cole watch that needed the battery replaced, and I took it into some jewelry store in the mall for a replacement. They totally scratched up the watch because they did not have the right tool to do it, but "made it work". So I only let Tiffany's touch my Tiffany stuff! Anyhow I have had no problems with my watches at all, just routine battery replacement and I love them. They are gorgeous and make me happy every time I wear them. But if you can find a pre-loved authentic one in excellent condition, even better I say!
Thank you for your reply ShopGirl1986! I'm glad you have a good experience with your Tiffany watches. I'm looking for a Quartz watch too. My dream watch is the Cartier Balloon Bleu :smile: But it's too nice to wear everyday (for me, since I'm a stay home mom). If I was still working I think the Balloon Bleu is so classy, for the professional woman.

But, since I only go to places like the playground and the museum, I'm thinking just a regular Quartz watch for me. I too would never allow anyone except Tiffany to service my watch, if I get one. This is the one I'm considering:

Atlas 2-Hand 29 mm

http://www.tiffany.com/watches/all-...wse&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=460371&trackgridpos=4

I would love to save money with a pre-owned, but am not knowledgeable enough to spot a fake. So I'll stick with new. Besides, this will be my first Tiffany purchase, so it would be fun to do it in store to get the full experience.

Thanks again for your reply!
Annawakes

Attachments

• Tiffany watch.png
    Tiffany watch.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 606
Reactions: uhpharm01
That's a beautiful watch! Love that blue face, it's so pretty. It looks classic and I think you would like it for a long, long time. It is pretty fun to purchase at the store! Yeah, the only reason I felt confident buying my second watch on eBay is because I had a confirmed real watch from the store in my hands to compare every photo to, the markings on the back of the watch, etc. So if I didn't have a confirmed real one in my hand to know what to look for, I'm not sure if I would have felt confident enough. I did also pay with my American Express card thru paypal, so I figured they would help protect me if it turned out to be fake. Luckily I didn't have a problem! I do see some sites like Yoogi's closet and Fashionphile do carry Tiffany watches. A site like that I would feel pretty confident! However who knows if they will ever have THAT exact one ever. I don't regret my purchase from the store at all and I have been 100 percent satisfied. So go for it!

Reactions: Annawakes
I have 3 Tiffany watches, and couldn't be happier with them! I love how I can go right to the store to have the battery changed or other work done. My oldest one needed repair, and I was able to get the stainless band polished at the same time. It looked brand new when I got it back! This one is my favorite. Good luck with your decision! [emoji1]IMG_1508902730.955472.jpg

I have 3 Tiffany watches, and couldn't be happier with them! I love how I can go right to the store to have the battery changed or other work done. My oldest one needed repair, and I was able to get the stainless band polished at the same time. It looked brand new when I got it back! This one is my favorite. Good luck with your decision! [emoji1]View attachment 3861583
Thanks for your reply PamK! Your watch is gorgeous!