Tiffany T Smile Bracelet - Keep or exchange?

marymulberry

Sep 4, 2015
Canada
Hi all! I was lucky enough to be gifted a beautiful Tiffany bracelet. I didn't love it at first glace since I prefer classic pieces, but I'm starting to love it.

My question for you, do I keep or exchange for a silver DBTY? They run for the same price. I'm thinking this is a nice understaded piece. TIA!

Attachments

Reactions: LizO...

MatAllston

O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
I own 4 DBTY bracelets and I wear them 247 so I vote for the exchange. The T smile is nice but I would worry about it getting scratched easily. I also think DBTY is timeless and it goes with everything.

Reactions: aynrand

cheremushki

Mar 21, 2016
I'm not sure about getting DBTY with silver though.. I have Tiffany silver necklace and I find that with my skin/body type it tarnishes super fast.. So the necklace line doesn't look as nice.. Plus adding the value of the diamond.. I say if you're going to exchange to DBTY, add bit more money for some other metal than silver.. But yes, I vote for DBTY.

LizO...

Apr 18, 2015
Europe
I really like DBTY, but it is a gift and a very nice one too.
Keep it.
It is beautiful and looks very nice on you.
:girlsigh:

marymulberry

Sep 4, 2015
Canada
Thank you everyone, I'll be going over to Tiffany's today with the person who gifted me the bracelet. I wore it for a while and still love it, but want to have a look at the DBTY before making a decision. The smile *is* a lovely piece, and I love that it's casual. I guess I just never thought of purchasing it for myself since I've always been into the classic collections. Will take pictures of the DBTY if I can't make a decision in store and update the thread.

Storm Spirit

Jun 5, 2012
England
I'm a fan of DBTY, so I'm obviously biased :P even though I think this piece is pretty too.

If the person who gifted it to you doesn't mind exchanging, and you prefer another piece, I would say go for it!

marymulberry

Sep 4, 2015
Canada
I'm a fan of DBTY, so I'm obviously biased :P even though I think this piece is pretty too.

If the person who gifted it to you doesn't mind exchanging, and you prefer another piece, I would say go for it!
I ended up exchanging it for the DBTY thats at the same price. Its a bit big on me so I'll get it resized down the line. Really happy with my decision and will post pictures soon!

thewildraven

Feb 20, 2016
Hi all! I was lucky enough to be gifted a beautiful Tiffany bracelet. I didn't love it at first glace since I prefer classic pieces, but I'm starting to love it.

My question for you, do I keep or exchange for a silver DBTY? They run for the same price. I'm thinking this is a nice understaded piece. TIA!
I know you have exchanged now but this T bracelet is a nightmare for scratches, good call to get it exchanged

Reactions: MatAllston
Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Good to know you're able to make this exchange with the person who gifted to you. This way, both parties are happy and you get a piece of jewelry that you'll wear frequently. IMO the best jewelry is the one you wear all the time. Congrats. Do share photos. Happy holidays! :smile::biggrin::smile: