Tiffany sues Costco over sales of e-rings

I would like to know how Costco displayed and advertised. I personally think a reference to a 'Tiffany style engagement ring' is very generic and referred to by so many Jewelers. Perhaps this is why Costco's stock was down today.

So far the only straight allegation to using straight up Tiffany and Co by name has been related to the one specific store but that doesn't mean others didn't as well, just that they have some form of proof that covered that specific store.

I would like to know how Costco displayed and advertised. I personally think a reference to a 'Tiffany style engagement ring' is very generic and referred to by so many Jewelers. Perhaps this is why Costco's stock was down today.

I am no legal expert but I think Tiffany could argue that it is misleading for the consumers. Maybe they are trying to make a case with Costco so others would stop using Tiffany in the name.

I was reading about this on Friday, I can't remember what I was reading but they mentioned that the advertising was done in store only with an actual Tiffany&Co logo sign. But I can't remember if it said one store or many. Disturbing either way.

Sounds like that store is involved in shenanigans. Maybe management thought it would help spur sales? Bad move though if they were using T&Co blue or referring in print to them as Tiffany erings with making it clear they were just tiffany-style 6 prong high set rings. DH works for our local Costco. They have had various luxe branded watches (Cartier, Chopard, Tag, etc) but I've never seen branded jewelry there.

Sounds like that store is involved in shenanigans. Maybe management thought it would help spur sales? Bad move though if they were using T&Co blue or referring in print to them as Tiffany erings with making it clear they were just tiffany-style 6 prong high set rings. DH works for our local Costco. They have had various luxe branded watches (Cartier, Chopard, Tag, etc) but I've never seen branded jewelry there.

At the Costcos here in Canada they sell Swarovski and Pandora branded jewellery in the cases beside the luxe branded watches.