Tiffany Sparklers

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
OK I know the answer to my question so I guess this isn't going to be a question but more of a vent...when I buy things from certain brands I expect to have them for a very long time, take care of them with this in my mind and for the most part am very happy with the quality of things. Chanel, LV, Dior (both leather and even costume jewels) are just a few. I have a few Tiffany pieces and am happy with them with the exception of my Tiffany sparkler earrings and necklace in praseolite. The silver gets tarnished, no biggie, you polish. But the stones, despite taking them in for cleanings and taking care of them on my own, they look dead. I have pieces from department stores that have aged better. I also see these pieces have been discontinued, which makes me wonder why. They are at Tiffany now, being cleaned, but when I dropped them off this time they weren't sure how they would come out. If they still look dead, no "sparkle" in my "sparklers" when I pick up what would you say? Yes I have had them for awhile. They were never everyday pieces, I stored them right and took care of them. Yes I am beating around the bush about saying I think Tiffany should exchange them. I'm sure they won't. Another thing I've noticed about Tiffany is their customer service, they are almost hostile the moment after they say hello. Not in sales, they're still friendly, they still want you to buy from them. So I guess I should just write this off as a lost? What would you do/say? Thanks for any and all thoughts.

This is really sad.
I had the Tiffany Sparkler Praseolith ring (silver) for years and it was an every day piece for me.
From time to time I used a small brush and soap to clean the stone, but the fire and sparkle never vanished.
Sad, that I sold the ring last December so I don't can make a picture, I used the money to save up for a big gold key.
I have also the citrine sparkler (gold) which I wear daily and
also the citrine I have to clean from time to time,the dust and the daily dirt has to be removed and then the sparkle is back like on the first day.
It is a bit more difficult to clean the earrings I have to admit.

:shocked:But I remember years ago I had also citrine earrings and the fitting necklace in silver.
After cleaning at Tiffanys I was not happy with the stone anymore !!!
The stone was dull.
I got an exchange, after complaining very often.
Maybe it has something to do how the stone got cleaned?
:confused1:

This is really sad.
I had the Tiffany Sparkler Praseolith ring (silver) for years and it was an every day piece for me.
From time to time I used a small brush and soap to clean the stone, but the fire and sparkle never vanished.
Sad, that I sold the ring last December so I don't can make a picture, I used the money to save up for a big gold key.
I have also the citrine sparkler (gold) which I wear daily and
also the citrine I have to clean from time to time,the dust and the daily dirt has to be removed and then the sparkle is back like on the first day.
It is a bit more difficult to clean the earrings I have to admit.

:shocked:But I remember years ago I had also citrine earrings and the fitting necklace in silver.
After cleaning at Tiffanys I was not happy with the stone anymore !!!
The stone was dull.
I got an exchange, after complaining very often.
Maybe it has something to do how the stone got cleaned?
:confused1:

My amethyst sparkler necklace is a few years old and still looks like new.

I do think the problem is with the lightness of the color of that stone. I think with the ring the stone was big enough to have more depth. I really hope they surprise me and stand behind the integrity of their products. I will let you know. Thanks for replying.

Reactions: LizO...
Could it have something to do with the type of stone? I know certain gemstones are more mallable then other's? I have an amethyst sparkler that I purchased pre-loved and it looks gorgeous whenever it comes back from cleaning from Tiffanys

I have a few sparkler pieces. I do find that when I try to clean them, they look dull. I find this is because some soaps leave a tiny bit of scum on the underside and it sticks to the stone.
The best way to clean jewellery (other than an ultrasound machine) is to use a new baby toothbrush with dish washing liquid. I find this works a treat.
If your item is silver, I find that the silver can tarnish behind the stone, and then absorbs the light rather than reflecting it into the stone. Give this a good check (they should do this for you).

Reactions: Shopgirl1996