Tiffany Soleste Yellow Diamond or Harry Winston Emerald Tryst?

lovechildmonste

Love Child Monster
Jul 26, 2011
Hello! If you were to choose, which one would you choose and WHY?

I've always wanted a yellow diamond and I LOVE the Soleste design. I do love the Emerald cut Tryst as well though.

Tiffany Yellow Diamond Cushion
Harry Winston Emerald Cut White Diamond Tryst
Harry Winston Round Cut White Diamond Tryst

I was actually debating between a round or Emerald cut in the Harry Winston but I noticed they are known primarily for Emerald cut diamonds? Is this true? Would you prefer this over the round? I want something that's recognizable Harry Winston you know.

However, I've always wanted a yellow diamond too and I just love it in the Soleste. But I am thinking, Tiffany has sort of lost its prestige status because of their items being soooo mass produced. Anyone agree on this? I do love their designs and I own a lot of pieces. I just feel like when it comes to a special occasion ring, Harry Winston is more esteemed?

My problem with Harry Winston is..... I am scared that the company will go into dumps, even after being purchased by Swatch group. I'm scared they will go bankrupt and Harry Winston stores will close and soon the entire brand all together! Do you think that will happen? I am aware of the trouble the company was IN years back and this is actually what's keeping me from buying from them!

I don't know why that's even my concern! But I guess you know, like with polishing, check up, etc. It won't be convenient if there won't be any stores around. You know what I mean?

Your thoughts?

Thank you. :smile:

The soleste in a heartbeat. I don't like the tryst at all, although I usually love emerald cuts.

I suppose if it's the prestige of a brand name you are looking for Harvey Winston trumps Tiffanys anyday, although I'm not saying that tiffany pieces are not of the same standard. I think the perception is that HW is a better name.

Personally, I would rather have a piece that I love than a piece with the right brand name, so I would choose Soleste.

The soleste in a heartbeat. I don't like the tryst at all, although I usually love emerald cuts.

I suppose if it's the prestige of a brand name you are looking for Harvey Winston trumps Tiffanys anyday, although I'm not saying that tiffany pieces are not of the same standard. I think the perception is that HW is a better name.

Personally, I would rather have a piece that I love than a piece with the right brand name, so I would choose Soleste.

Hi Mikimoto, you are right. Design wise, I really do love the Soleste yellow diamond. It was my first choice until I got to look further at Harry Winston. Then I like the Tryst in Emerald. But it's really more of, I like it Just Because it's HW. It's not so much the design part but more on, "I'd consider getting this white emerald cut HW than the yellow diamond Soleste JUST because it's HW." Not necessarily Loving the design.

Why not HW's Cushion-cut Yellow Diamond Micropavé Ring?:smile: I have yellow diamond Soleste and love it, but I may prefer single halo. I really love HW's micropave setting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 940
I prefer Einseine's HW alternative to the original two.

Of the original two, I like the Soleste the most, but only because it's a yellow solitaire. I feel the double halo works against elongated cushions in a way it doesnt for oval or round gems and makes the Soleste in the picture look more like a cocktail ring than anything. That's just my opinion though.

Between these 2 rings, I prefer Soleste. I own a Tiffany classic e ring and the after sales service is amazing. I travel 8 to 10 times a year and love the fact that there is a Tiffany is almost every major city. I could just walk in to have my ring cleaned and inspected for free.