Tiffany Soleste or Cartier Love?

mcly_79

Nov 1, 2007
Hi,

My husband is going to buy me a push present but I can't make up my mind... Should I get the Tiffany Soleste cushion cut ring around 0.4 carat or Cartier Love bracelet YG engraved with my baby's name? The price is around the same.

I have a Tiffany engagement ring (Tiffany setting) and a Tiffany wedding band. I do not own any Cartier jewellery.

Or alternatively, should I get a non-designer diamond jewellery - diamond stud earrings, diamond necklace and tennis bracelet?

The issue with the ring is you might not be able to wear it at first, to not scratch your new addition's face but I say that because a couple of women I used to tutor for, they said they wished they saved the ring for a different mile stone so they could have worn their rings nonstop

I vote for the Love bracelet. I think it would be really special to have your baby's name engraved. I just got my 2nd YG love bracelet for Mother's Day. I don't plan on taking them off :smile:

I say go for the non-branded diamonds. You will get more value for your money. Yes the LOVE bracelet is popular now, but it may not be a lasting fad. With diamonds, if you don't like the setting, you can always change it. I tore up a tennis bracelet a few years ago to make an eternity band (an idea I shared w/someone on another thread who ended up doing it as well) and it's been great having it reset as a ring.

Plus, if you get earrings, necklace and bracelet, that is a lot of value and style flexibility.

I prefer the Love bracelet but had to wear arm bands over it while holding and feeding my baby. So many times she scraped her head against it and I felt so bad. Perhaps the Soleste now and the Love later.