Tiffany Silver

Splurgeface

Pandomaniac!
Jul 28, 2010
I am thinking about making my first Tiffany purchase but I generally only wear silver.

What's the general theory on Tiffany silver? Is it worth the price?

Would love to see some photos of your Tiffany silver in action!

I have a few pieces of Tiffany silver. I am sure that you can get "inspired" styles for less, but I have found the pieces to be finely made and have a good weight to them.
They do tarnish and scratch just like any other silver, there's no mystery halo to protect them. LOL....
I have the Return to Tiffany heart tag bracelet that was my first purchase many years ago and I still wear it several times a week. Looks great stacked up with the TROLLBEADS, hint hint. :lol:

I absolutely love Tiffany silver. I feel that their silver is what they are best known for! It is a great investment, but I would hurry a bit if you want to beat the price increase... It should be happening failry soon... :smile:

Kitsunegrl said:
Looks great stacked up with the TROLLBEADS, hint hint. :lol:

Would love to see a photo of that! :smile:

I quite like the silver beads, particularly the bracelet, and the heart link bracelet too.

I don't have a clue how much I should be paying. Does anybody know of any genuine internet retailers? I had a look on ebay but I'm scared I'd buy a dud!

I have quite a few pieces of Tiffany silver and they are weighty and of good quality. When deciding which pieces to purchase, though, I would consider your age. I bought most of my pieces in my early to mid twenties and I find now that I am 31 (almost 32) the "Return to Tiffany and Co." pieces seem a bit too young for my taste. All of the obvious branding and the styles make them seem more suited to teens and early twenty year-olds to me now. I have a couple of Atlas pieces that I love and would still proudly wear. (Just a thought before investing in some in case you're at all like me.)

Stophle makes a good point about classic pieces. It really depends on your personality; I am 40 and still love my heart tag bracelet. But I have always loved that style of jewelry and can't imagine suddenly waking up and hating it.

Splurgeface, in the USA only the Tiffany website is the authorized internet retailer. Do you have a Tiffany's close by? If so, I would strongly recommend making your first purchase in person. It's such a nice production and experience! :smile:

Kitsunegrl is so right about making your first purchase at the boutique. It's such a nice experience, getting to try on the pieces before you buy, then getting them wrapped so beautifully and getting to walk out with that pretty little blue bag is such a treat. I highly recommend it if you can.

Tiffany silver is amazing! But like any silver, it does require polishing to help prevent tarnishing. I suggest getting a signature piece as your first :smile: I got the Return to Tiffany heart charm bracelet, and wear it so often! It goes with everything and makes such a charming jingle noise haha :smile: Whatever you decide to get, research it and look at as many pictures as you can! That's what I did, and it really helped me choose my first Tiffany piece :smile:

I second everyone by saying you should really go to the store and experience that moment that audrey hepburn has when she walks into tiffanys and nothing no longer matters but you and the jewelry! Go for the bead bracelet, its a great classic piece. My only qualm is that the older bracelets are heavier then the new bracelets, which I thoroughly miss, but they are gorgeous classic pieces. Good luck choosing! And watch out, a girl can never have just one piece!

Here is a few pics of me with some of myTiffany pieces!

IMG00344-20111223-1049.jpg

Summer2011197.jpg

IMG00045-20111019-1234.jpg

IMG-20110309-00032.jpg

i LOVE tiffany silvger

i find it is really good quality and seems to shine more then my other silver pieces

my current faves are my bead set. i wear the 10 mm studs all the time. my mom said they were over priced bc u can buy the same ones everywhere- which is true. also they tend to fall out a bit. the 10 mm bracelet i wear a lot too and absolutely love

Tiffany silver has a drastic markup. But for the pieces that are uniquely Tiffany (Return to Tiffany, etc.), it is worth the price.

I buy Tiffany silver for myself and as gifts. I enjoy sharing the Tiffany experience.

I love my Tiffany silver. I have several pieces of Blue Nile silver as well, and I tend to think Tiffany is better quality (and it isn't plated with rhodium, which I find annoying). I'm 30 and still adore my return to Tiffany heart charm bracelet. I also have another charm bracelet with little animal charms.

I think the heart pendant, the bean, and the return to Tiffany bracelets are classic, ageless pieces.

I have the Tiffany Bead Bracelet and the stud earrings (received as a gift). My first authentic pieces of Tiffany silver and I think they are great and timeless; however, it definitely doesn't scream Tiffany, so you could probably get the same look for much less.

There is a weight to the bracelet which is nice, but I would love to get a more signature piece in the future.