Tiffany Shared setting band owners, please come in!

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Can you please tell me what markings are in your band? Is the size marked?

My husband just found a crack in the base of the setting and worried this was re molded!

TY!

Ok, he is taking pics, YAY for AME. gimme a minute to upload pics.

Does your ring have a size marking in it?
I mean it may have been re-sized and the base of the prong looks like it was repaired.

Just want to add that my Tiffany e ring has the size of the diamond engraved on the inside of the band, not the size of the ring. I own 6 other Tiffany platinum rings, most of them with diamonds and none of them have any size engraved in them.

ok I just got home to look up close in photoshop on super zoom. The location of that crack is not from resizing, that looks to me like a bad spot in the casting, like a porousity issue. And that causes a weakness in the ring itself that with the right whack or any pressure will just set it into motion. Because of the size of it and location, it's going to be VERY hard to fix, IF it can be fixed. It would have to be laser welded. But that's pretty big, in that it starts under the basket/stone, and seems to spread upwards into the prong, and that's only going to get worse. The best bet is to have the original owner (who I assume you bought this from) take this to Tiffanys for repair/remake. Bec if you send it in, and you're not the owner, it will take a while and the seller is going to refund it now. Either they know there's damage/issue, and they priced accordingly, or they didn't and now they're embarrassed. HOPEFULLY if they refund it they don't just relist it and sucker someone into buying a damaged piece,

That is what happened to me with WF and that isn't above any company that does casting, period.

Also mine doens't have a size in it.

I am glad that he saw that as well, it sucks, but it's good that it ws well checked out. It's in a spot that without a loupe maybe it would have gone unnoticed too, which is a shame. I hope this seller gets that repaired before it is relisted.