Tiffany SAs Question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Please forgive if this has been covered before, but...

As a new customer at T&Co I'm curious about the SAs. I asked for the same saleswoman on my second visit, and she was soooo grateful. Do they work on a straight commission? I know at LV they get a credit for every item sold, no matter the price. TIA.

2. I'm fairly certain it depends on the department.

I only have experience with the 5th ave. T&Co in New York and I know that their 2nd floor (fine jewels & engagement rings) SAs work on commission.

I am not positive the same is true on the top floor (silver pieces), but it probably is. It's always so chaotic and they really churn out business so I never seem to cultivate loyalty there.

I once had a small return (when you could actually buy a silver necklace there for $150) and got so much attitude, it made me furious. I couldn't tell if it was because I was taking away commission-business from this particular SA or just because it was T&Co. I did not appreciate being made to feel *****this****** small for a return! :yucky:

I have regularly been disappointed with SAs at T&Co. I so much prefer customer service Van Cleef.

Even when I go in and don't buy something, I'm never made to feel guilty or horrible about looking.

Maybe I'll just rest with online shopping at Tiffany and not think about how much I truly hate their guts.... :boxing:

3. Thanks, lubird. I guess things are calmer here in Toronto at T&Co. Sorry for your negative experience. You'd think they would realize how important customer service is!

4. I think it depends on their position, I know some members of staff work on group commission, so I guess some work on straight. It's also helpful since all higher end stores focus on clientelling - so when someone asks for you again, it looks like you've done your job ! :yes:

5. The SAs at the T&Co by me (Scottsdale, AZ) are always very sweet and helpful, whether I am buying (frequently!) or returning (rarely!) LOL

6. Isn't it nice to find the same friendly face who recognizes you? I know truthfully they're just hoping you'll spend money, but I like to spend it with the same SA.