Tiffany ruined my Narrow T Bracelet

vanillacherry

Oct 12, 2012
Hi Tiffany fans, I have a question about Tiffany damaging an item while in their repair center. I received a beautiful Narrow T bracelet from my husband for my birthday and push present, but the length was not right, so we decided to shorten it. Sent it in and picked it up 2 weeks later. I was not happy with the results at all. 1) There was a black mark where the item was being worked on, a fire stain I suppose? 2) there was a dent on where the bracelet was clamped. 3) the links felt very stiff and not as fluid as a brand new one. It didn’t sit well on my wrist. And I also preferred the original length. So we sent it in again and the SA assure me that it will be like a brand new bracelet.

This time it took 3 weeks for the item to be ready for pick up. I checked the bracelet right then and there. The black mark was still there!!!! The dent was still there, and the links that were worked on were still stiff and it was not like a new one at all. I requested for a new one because I don’t want to deal with waiting for another 3 weeks to realize that the same problems are still there, but the SA said he has no control over if he can give me a new piece. He would have to send it to the repair center for the master jeweller you take a look.

What do you guys think? If you paid over $5000 on a bracelet and Tiffany damaged the bracelet and is unable to get the item back to you in a new condition, would you make a fuss? I’m so upset and tired of going back and forth with them. Would emailing their HQ make the process less painful?

vanillacherry

Oct 12, 2012
Don’t settle and ask to speak to the store manager. I would ask for a new one since they have messed up your bracelet twice.
It was the store manager that I was speaking with actually. He seemed a little upset that I was unhappy with the bracelet the second time, and said he would have to send it back.

DLdesign

O.G.
Oct 24, 2007
Southern England
How dare HE feel upset that you have a legitimate complaint. It's very bad form that your bracelet has been returned to you, twice, in poor condition and bearing visible marks. I can't stand that kind of attitude. At this point I would write a politely worded letter to somebody higher up, such as the customer service director at their HQ and attaching clear photographs of the issues. Explain the situation and firmly state that you cannot accept damaged goods and a third trip to the repair centre is unreasonable. Then wait and see what they suggest - if their response is unsatisfactory I feel the next stage is to ask for a refund.

Reactions: Noyerx

vanillacherry

Oct 12, 2012
How dare HE feel upset that you have a legitimate complaint. It's very bad form that your bracelet has been returned to you, twice, in poor condition and bearing visible marks. I can't stand that kind of attitude. At this point I would write a politely worded letter to somebody higher up, such as the customer service director at their HQ and attaching clear photographs of the issues. Explain the situation and firmly state that you cannot accept damaged goods and a third trip to the repair centre is unreasonable. Then wait and see what they suggest - if their response is unsatisfactory I feel the next stage is to ask for a refund.
thanks for your support! I couldn’t find any email for a customer service director, and emailed only the customer service. In that email, I did state that I will only accept an exchange. I hope they get back to me soon! But I just wanted to know I’m not crazy or being too nitpicky. It was a brand new bracelet when it was in their care! Dents and marks are definitely not acceptable in my opinion.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Do you have pictures?
So you wanted the bracelet shortened, but once you got it back, you realized you didn’t want it shortened anymore? Is this right?

staceyjan

Dec 30, 2014
I would definitely be persistent. I was had a silver ring from T that my local jeweler was sending out to get polished (years ago before I knew about the free polishing) and they cut the ring and sized it from a 9 to a 5. Totally their fault and tried to make it back to a size 9. it was horrible and not even round when they tried to fix it. We had a huge argument and they refused to offer me anything further. I brought it to T and explained the above and wanted to pay to see if they can make it look a little better. My SA went into the back with it and informed me that the manager would give me a new one. I was shocked! But, we are talking about $150 ring and not a $5K piece. Good luck!

Reactions: Shopgirl1996

Fine Frenzy

Aug 12, 2015
Speak to the manager. Return the bracelet.

The same thing happened to my Cartier necklace which is sent to be lengthened.

There’s some black fire stain on the jump ring.
The SA kept saying it’s nothing. It will go away.
They try to clean it. But it doesn’t help. The store manager didn’t want to do anything else.

I called the Cartier customer service and told them the whole story.

Then the manager offer me a new necklace. I said no. I just want my money back and stay away from your store forever.

After waiting for three months. I finally got the cheque in the mail.

If the item brings bad memory and disappointment. Return it.

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
At a certain price point, and with certain vendors, I expect top notch work and customer service. It should just be a given.

I would say continue to pursue and push to get the resolution that will make you happy. They should have returned the item to you looking the same as when you brought it in (no marks or dents).

Reactions: papertiger