Tiffany Rubedo

monicas

Jan 4, 2013
Hello, ladies! Any of you have any Tiffany Rubedo pieces? I know they are relatively new, but was wondering about your experience wearing Rubedo and how well it holds up to daily abuse/wear.Please share your experience if you have it and if you wear the pieces often.
Thank you!!!

I only have the small Rubedo bar necklace and I have been wearing it daily since I got it in November. I sleep and shower in it, never take it off. It still looks shiny and new!

I believe it's 9k (8k?) (as opposed to 18k, like other Tiffany gold, or 14k), but Tiffany has chosen not to mark it as such. (I thought all gold legally had to be marked, but apparently not).

Thank you, ladies. I was wondering if I could wear Rubedo pieces while swimming in the pool and showering. Your input helps. I am also glad to hear that you do not get the scratches that come with wearing sterling silver pieces.

According to the care section on the Tiffany's website Rubedo, like silver , can and will tarnish. Also, according to a New York Times article, the gold content in Rubedo is about 7.5 karats or 31 percent.

Thank you, ladies. I was wondering if I could wear Rubedo pieces while swimming in the pool and showering. Your input helps. I am also glad to hear that you do not get the scratches that come with wearing sterling silver pieces.

No, wearing these pieces while swimming is definitely not recommended and showering is not either. In fact, care should be taken not to expose the pieces to perfumes, soaps, sweat, lotions, etc.

What makes rose gold rosy is copper, and Rubedo has a lot more copper than 18k or 14k or 10k, to compensate for the negligible gold content and get that bold color. Lots of people's skin reacts to copper, but Tiffany has a great return policy if this happens to you.

So it's better to save and get 18k gold pieces if I want to be worry free when going swimming.
I will get a Rubedo piece for sure but will treat it like I treat my sterling silver pieces...