Tiffany question...made in?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just got back from Tiffany, bought the single strand pearl bracelet with silver twist clasp. I have one and my sister in law loved it so much I decided to get her one. Mine (purchased from same store several years ago) has larger stamp and only says Tiffany & Co 925. This one has smaller (actually nicer looking) stamp with Tiffany & Co 925, what looks like some sort of signature that is too small to make out and then Spain. I noticed on my Elsa Peretti double loving heart necklace (two months old-gift) that the back of the charm part has T&Co 925, then the clasp bars have 925, Spain, Peretti and Tiffany & Co. None of my other pieces have Spain on them but some of the stamps are small and neat looking (the newer pieces) some are larger (the older pieces). I know nothing about Tiffany, are different pieces stamped differently? Is there a newer stamp (it does look better than the large version) and where is the stuff made?

2. The newer pieces are now made in Spain. I think everything silver is made there.

3. Cool thread!! I was wondering this myself ;)

4. All the Elsa Peretti silver is from Spain--the 925 is the silver content, which is very good--in fact the Tiffany's silver standard is so good, it became the US silver standard (I love that bit of trivia). And supposedly Spanish silver is the best (Yay Spain!)--so it would make sense that Tiffany has their silver fixed up good...made in Spain!

5. Oh, so that explains a lot! Thanks! Maybe that is why the stamp (font) is slightly different too.

6. Cool thread!