Tiffany polishing cloth

amy.rachele

Dec 8, 2008
I have 2 new pieces of sterling silver jewelry from Tiffany & Co. RTT heart tag necklace and RTT heart tag charm bracelet :heart: and I have yet to polish my necklace (which I have worn a few times). It has small smudges around the edges and I don't want to scratch it with a hard cloth.

I have a regular silver polishing cloth but to me it feels too abrasive. It's a bit of a trip to T&Co so I was wondering whether someone could post a couple of pics of their Tiffany polishing cloth (and close-up of the weave) and tell me how coarse it is so I know if I should buy it or not. Thankyou.

babevivtan

O.G.
May 30, 2007
Sunny Island
I suppose Tiff's cloth shld be ok for use on Tiff's items (altho aren't all polishing cloths the same? no?) Or bring it to Tiff for cleaning. I suppose they can do that for you?

jan228

May 3, 2008
It's silver. Any silver polishing cloth should be fine. Try a local jewelry store to see if they sell any softer ones than what you already have, you don't need the Tiffany's one. It's going to get microscratches in its lifetime, because that's the nature of all jewelry. You're not going to put any deep gashes in it with fabric.

The Tiffany silver polishing works exactly the same as all the others. If you want it because you feel it's special and designed to work specifically with Tiffany jewelry, then go ahead and get theirs. Otherwise, there's no difference.

http://www.tiffanystore.co.uk/images/cloth.jpg

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
It needs to be a little abrasive to shine it up! The other side is probably soft; use that to buff your jewelry to a shine!