Tiffany necklace material ?

Nesslee

Sep 23, 2019
I had DBTY necklace in silver but after wearing it a few weeks I had to return it because it tarnished like crazy. I did everything at home to clean it (even with Tiffany cleaning liquid), but nothing worked. Then when I returned it to the shop, they cleaned it like new in like 10 minutes :amazed: I don't know how they did it, but i assumed i will have the same problem so I decided not to keep it. I replaced it with RG version instead :heart: When I think back, I find it funny because I have DBTY bracelet and i keep it at all times, even in shower, and it still looks amazing! So i don't know what's the deal with the one I returned. How is your overall experience with Tiffany necklaces? Silver, RG and YG. Which one tarnishes the most and how do you clean?
Here below the silver and RG version (both 0.10 karat)

20200511_163912.jpg

20200611_114803.jpg

Last edited:

A1aGypsy

Miserable AF
Aug 2, 2017
It might be the chemical composition of your natural oils or hair reacting causing tarnish or it might be a build up of hair product. It’s clearly one of the two because it is only happening at the back.

Definitely take your necklaces off when you shower and it is a good time to give them a scrub as well. I have a jar of cleaning solution that I throw mine in each morning.

May 29, 2010
I’ve had positive experiences with all of the metals. My silver does tarnish but it takes time before it starts. My gold/platinum pieces look amazing after all these years. For me I prefer gold/platinum because I’m too lazy to clean my silver every couple months. :P

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
I have never had that happen with any Tiffany piece. I have worn DBTY necklaces 24/7 for years and never discoloring. I think it is something with your hair products or body comp.

Reactions: Nesslee

Mcandy

Jul 24, 2013
I have an anklet that ive been wearing for 11 years now but it never tarnishes. But when I wear a necklace it tarnishes right away. It depends on what part of your body is more acidic.

Reactions: Nesslee

Nesslee

Sep 23, 2019
The SA said the silver pieces are not rhodium plated. That might be the problem.. because i dont recall the same problem with my other non Tiffany silver necklaces :whut: