Tiffany necklace in shower?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
My DH bought me the Tiffany 1837 interlocking pendant necklace. Is it ok :confused1:to wear when showering? It is a pain to keep taking on and off. I was hoping this would be my everyday necklace.

Most sterling silver is fine for the shower. I would not wear it in the pool though b/c the chlorine will make it tarnish a lot quicker. I wore my Tiffany 1837 lock pendant in the shower every day for like 2 weeks and it still looks perfect.

I wear my Tiffany's in the shower all the time, and they're fine. ;) But every month, I take out all my Tiffany's (whether I wear them or not) and clean them using their spray and cloth..they look like new, except the scratches :crybaby:

My silver RTT bracelet never comes off my wrist except for about once a month when I do a thorough cleaning with the cloth...looks fine and doesn't really tarnish. Im thinking it also depends on the type of water you have? Hard water may tarnish quicker?

My Tiffany flower bracelet has been on my wrist for almost a year and has not tarnished at all in all that time. I never take it off to shower.

my sterling reacts differently from my neck to my wrist. My sterling rings, bangles, & bracelets are fine as long as I pat them dry after (hard water stains otherwise) even while wearing them. My neck is a different story.... my sterling will tarnish no matter what & faster if i wear it to beach or in the shower.

but! nice thing is it can always be polished out.

I've lived in several places and I noticed soft water will tarnish sterling silver really quickly. Where I live now, the water is hard and I wear my DY necklace in the shower daily and it still shines.