Tiffany Metro horseshoe pendant or VCA Sweet Alhambra YG Clover?

stmary

Feb 10, 2011
Hello ladies,

I need help to decide which necklace should I get for everyday wear. I am currently wearing DBTY YG 0.08 but would like to switch to something else.

My choice are between Tiffany Metro horseshoe pendant in white gold or VCA Sweet Alhambra in Clover motive with MOP.
I love both but I've been dreaming about VCA for the longest time. However the Tiffany is diamond and a lot cheaper. Please help me to choose. Thank you.

P/s: VCA owner, is the pendant hollow or is it heavy?

Hello ladies,

I need help to decide which necklace should I get for everyday wear. I am currently wearing DBTY YG 0.08 but would like to switch to something else.

My choice are between Tiffany Metro horseshoe pendant in white gold or VCA Sweet Alhambra in Clover motive with MOP.
I love both but I've been dreaming about VCA for the longest time. However the Tiffany is diamond and a lot cheaper. Please help me to choose. Thank you.

P/s: VCA owner, is the pendant hollow or is it heavy?

My vote is VCA. It's classic and timeless. It's not hallow, it's made with a solid piece of mop.

It depends on whether you want to wear it 24/7 or not-- if so, go with the metro or a solid metal VCA piece. Personally, I would go with the horseshoe but it sounds like you want the VCA piece more.

Personally, I like the metro collection a lot more than the sweet collection. IMHO, the sweet collection looks a little too small. Although both pieces are similar size, I think the metro collection is/was designed to be small. To me, the sweet collection looks like VCA wanted to make a child's version to the traditional vintage collection.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your posts. It seems like the vote is more towards VCA at the moment.
I heard that this Sweet collection comes in adult and child version (i think the chain length?) Is there any difference in the price? I emailed the SA for VCA and he quoted me £975 (approx USD 1500) for this piece. Is this the adult or child version? I would like to get the adult version I think and I prefer my chain length to be 16 inch.
Sorry about all these questions but I'm a newbie to VCA.

Thank you all for your posts. It seems like the vote is more towards VCA at the moment.
I heard that this Sweet collection comes in adult and child version (i think the chain length?) Is there any difference in the price? I emailed the SA for VCA and he quoted me £975 (approx USD 1500) for this piece. Is this the adult or child version? I would like to get the adult version I think and I prefer my chain length to be 16 inch.
Sorry about all these questions but I'm a newbie to VCA.

It's one and the same. Some call it for 'children' but that's nonsense.
You can have the chain lengthened if it's too short for you.
The sweet is the smaller size motif followed by the vintage, then super.
The sweet is cute by itself or for layering with other necklaces. I have the sweet butterfly necklace and love it.

It's one and the same. Some call it for 'children' but that's nonsense.
You can have the chain lengthened if it's too short for you.
The sweet is the smaller size motif followed by the vintage, then super.
The sweet is cute by itself or for layering with other necklaces. I have the sweet butterfly necklace and love it.

beachy10,
would be nice if you could post modelling pic of your butterfly.

I've tried metro horseshoe today in white gold. It's exactly what I am looking for everydays necklace. It's very dainty. I luv'd it. Didn't luv AU price thou. :sad: I also tried the larger horseshoe in platinum. Didn't luv it as much on me. I think it would depend on your complexion, likes etc. :smile:

I've tried metro horseshoe today in white gold. It's exactly what I am looking for everydays necklace. It's very dainty. I luv'd it. Didn't luv AU price thou. :sad: I also tried the larger horseshoe in platinum. Didn't luv it as much on me. I think it would depend on your complexion, likes etc. :smile:

I know its not Tiffanys but Swarovski has a horseshoe in crystals and there is a simliar Metro style heart in crystal, very similiar to Tiffany looking. Its over 100 bucks only.

I know its not Tiffanys but Swarovski has a horseshoe in crystals and there is a simliar Metro style heart in crystal, very similiar to Tiffany looking. Its over 100 bucks only.
i know! i have tried it on the horseshoe....:smile: i bought http://www.swarovski.com/Web_AU/en/1160513/product/Hyacinth_Pierced_Earrings.html and not the horseshoe... :smile: they r really beautiful on! anyway u know after trying tiffany horseshoe i could not spend money on swarovski one... its just not the same and i cannot leave it on. but i am wondering if anyone has blue nile http://www.bluenile.com/au/mini-diamond-horseshoe-necklace-14k-white-gold_32398 as its $290AU vs $1250AU for tiffany.. do u think its close to tiffanys or i should not bother and just save up? i dont have any blue niles products at all but see generally very good comments here...so if you have one - is the chain similar in size? dainty? i would appreciate any modeling photos and opinions too. :smile:

i know! i have tried it on the horseshoe....:smile: i bought http://www.swarovski.com/Web_AU/en/1160513/product/Hyacinth_Pierced_Earrings.html and not the horseshoe... :smile: they r really beautiful on! anyway u know after trying tiffany horseshoe i could not spend money on swarovski one... its just not the same and i cannot leave it on. but i am wondering if anyone has blue nile http://www.bluenile.com/au/mini-diamond-horseshoe-necklace-14k-white-gold_32398 as its $290AU vs $1250AU for tiffany.. do u think its close to tiffanys or i should not bother and just save up? i dont have any blue niles products at all but see generally very good comments here...so if you have one - is the chain similar in size? dainty? i would appreciate any modeling photos and opinions too. :smile:

I think I would save up for Tiffany. It's so adorable. I went to Tiffany last week to have a look at it and I can't take my eyes off it.