Tiffany Lucida vs. Novo

Chrisy

O.G.
Jun 7, 2009
DH is getting me a ring for our 10th anniversary:yahoo:. I am down to either the Tiffany Lucida or Novo. We are planning to get something 1.2 carat if it matter. I like the simple and chic design of the Lucida. I think it's a cool looking ring but don't know if I would still like this down the road as I get older. I love the Novo being so simple and elegant. Think the Novo might be too fency for my down to earth daily wear. Most of my jewelry are petite. Novo should go better with all my jewelry but again this will be my most expensive piece so other existing piece shouldn't matter too much. :sos:

OH MY!! This is super exciting news!! Congrats on the 10th anniversary and i wish many more years of happiness to come. I am a novo owner, recent to be exact and so luck to be, and i feel like the ring makes a big statement and is quite flashy in it's own unique and subtle ways. Though the diamonds on the band are quite small, they have A LOT of fire in them and i always notice it's like a mass of light coming from my hand when i'm in the sunlight or under certain types of lighting. What i'm trying to say is that not only the center cushion stone gets noticed, but the entire ring is a statement. For me, i think it's the perfect ring to wear every day and i'm considered a pretty down to earth kind of person - no way too fancy imo. Also, i don't think i'd ever stop wearing this precious piece, or ever bring myself to upgrade it b/c it's the perfect size and it's perfect in ever way - let alone take it off b/c, heck, i saw the certificate and it costs just as much as a car!! Here's the link to the thread i created: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/he-proposed-to-me-with-tiffany-e-ring-449730.html DF asked me to choose between this and the classic Tiffany setting b/c he needed that extra help ;) and this totally won me over b/c it's sophisticated and has a modern yet classic twist. If you want to go for something timeless maybe consider the classic setting?

I think the Lucida design is also such a simple and chic design. Because you are the only one that knows yourself very well, and just as you have already said, yes it's a cool looking ring but is it really worth it if you're already having doubts about liking it down the road? If you're more drawn to the novo design, i say go with your first gut instinct. If you haven't yet, get yourself to try it on at the store and see for yourself that it's not as fancy as it looks online.

So, even though i'm a novo owner, i'm not exactly going to encourage you to get one but i'm just pointing some things out for you to consider based on what you wrote in your post :smile:.

If it were me I would get the Novo no questions asked (Aqua's is perfect). It comes down to what you want. The Lucida has a thicker band which will show the platinum patina more over time. The Novo has altogether less metal (thinner, sidestones...) and a more delicate look. Either way they are beautiful rings and you're lucky to have any of them. Let us know what you decide.

I'd pick the Novo. It's one of my favorite Tiffany designs. I prefer very little metal showing (I love diamonds!), so the Lucinda is not a good fit for me. But if you're going for a casual look, the Lucinda is a better option.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, I appreciate all your input.

Aquablueness, you Novo is tdf. :tup:

Lola, you are absolutely right about the round brilliant is bigger compare to both Novo and Lucida. My engagement ring is a round brilliant so I want to pick something different for my 10th anniversary. :P

After listening to all you ladies, I think I will pick the Novo. I think I would want a Novo down the road. Lucida is good only if I can get hubby promise me a 20th anniversary ring which he hasn't. :noggin:

Everyone thanks again for all you valueable input.

Did you get to try them on? Before we went shopping, I was sure I wanted the Novo. Once I put it on my finger, it didn't wow me. Instead, I really liked the Lucida, which I really did not like at all from the pictures. Keep in mind though, when I liked the Lucida, I tried it on at a different jeweler who was willing to put a round diamond in it. I say try it on if you can.

I tried both on and couldn't decide that's why I am here. I skipped the Lucida when I was in Tiffany but DH asked me to tried it on. I did and he loves it. He likes the low setting as he thinks its a safer ring when handling our kids. TMy kids are 3 already so I think it shouldn't matter.

I have to agree with TylerDurden that the center diamond is the focus. Like I said, I couldn't get DH to promise me another ring down the road. I can picture myself wearing the Novo 40, 50 years old, guess not the Lucida after everyone's input here.

brwneyedgrl, thanks for the suggestion. In fact that's exactly what happen when I was picking out my wedding grown. I got something I never though I would.

I'm obviously late to the discussion, and it seems you've already chosen (you clearly want the Novo :yes:).....but I'll add another vote in favor of the Novo!

You should really get the ring that you :heart:....seems that's definitely the novo.