Tiffany Harmony Engagement Ring

jennzy

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
Hello ladies!!!

I went to Tiffanys yesterday and fell in love with the Harmony Engagement ring with the diamonds on the band.

I don't know if this because of my childhood dream (teenage dream more like) of getting a Tiffany engagement, but I am really drawn to this ring. I am very fortunate enough that my BF told me that I get to pick the ring I want. (but I'm leaving the 4 Cs up to him based on his budget)

Now, when we talked about getting engaged, I literally had no idea what I want and thought perhaps I wanted a custom made.

Here were my 3 options (not in any particular order). Tiffany & Co, Birks (Canadian company; similar to Tiffany), or getting it custom made.

We went to Birks, wasn't too sold on their designs.

I know I can get "same" for "better price" however, not being too familiar with the diamond industry and even with research, I fear that I won't get the true value. Plus, in every research, I read it is best to buy diamond that is certified through GIA as they are a reputable third party.

Now, Tiffany does their own certification (a big no no from my research). However, they have a guarantee that states that if I were to get it certified through a 3rd party and they deem that it is not what Tiffany graded theirs, they will either give me a full money back or find me a better diamond. (a peace of mind)

Has anyone here sent their Tiffany Ering out for a reassessment? If so, can you share your experience?

Thank you for reading my long winded message!

If you have a Tiffany Harmony Ering please post pictures!!! I want to see them on you!

This was a 0.91 Tiffany Harmony ERing with the matching wedding band.

Attachments

• IMG_5088.JPG
    IMG_5088.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 6,765
Reactions: tarana6
I have never sent my Tiffany diamond rings out for third party appraisals but I can tell you that I have been very happy with their service and my rings. They are so well made and totally worth the price. The harmony rings look lovely on you. Do shop around and who knows you may find another ring which speaks to you more than this. Just take your time and don't rush it.

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
I have never sent my Tiffany diamond rings out for third party appraisals but I can tell you that I have been very happy with their service and my rings. They are so well made and totally worth the price. The harmony rings look lovely on you. Do shop around and who knows you may find another ring which speaks to you more than this. Just take your time and don't rush it.
Thank you! I am a huge Tiffany fan and have many silver pieces. I have no doubt in quality and service I receive from them ever since I first walked in to get my sweet 16th birthday present (my first tiffany piece was the heart tag charm necklace)
What kind of a ring do you have? can you post a pic???

You will get people on this site who are pro-Tiffany, and those who are not. If your BF is on a budget, you can easily get a much bigger diamond that is GIA graded and will cost much less. Remember, you're paying for the Tiffany name. But keep in mind that Tiffany doesn't create its own diamonds, so much like sugar or salt, you can slap any name on them and charge what you wish.

If you're not comfortable with researching diamonds, or purely don't want to, then you can't go wrong with Tiffany. Just keep in mind you will pay quite a premium.

As a person who loves Tiffany, it was my dream to own a Tiffany engagement ring since teen years as well. I went the Tiffany route and never regretted it. I am very well aware that I could have gotten a ring from another vendor and have gotten a bigger stone. The appeal of owning a Tiffany engagement ring out weighted the increased carat weight I could have gotten. When buying designer anything you make a choice: brand vs value.

A few weeks ago I made the choice to go with a brand again as I chose to buy a .22 Fancy Orange Yellow Diamond Soleste from Tiffany. Could have I bought a bigger stone from another vendor? Yes! Would have it been what I really wanted? No!

Find something that you love and go for it; branded or not it will be beautiful and will represent one of the best times in your life. Congratulations in advance.

I am extremely happy with Tiffany diamonds and never felt the need to have it appraised by third party. I have been on the hunt for studs and seen GIA certified diamonds (IF/FL, triple ex ) I compared it with the centre stone of my ring and the vendor said..... you can't compare these to Tiffany diamonds.:P A 2 carat Tiffany diamond looks way bigger than any GIA certified top notch diamond for sure. My next stop will be Birks, they carry beautiful Canadian diamonds but I find the prices are crazy expensive.I like to do comparisons before committing to a big price tag item.

Do your research. Look and try as many rings possible. Good luck.

Last edited:
You will get people on this site who are pro-Tiffany, and those who are not. If your BF is on a budget, you can easily get a much bigger diamond that is GIA graded and will cost much less. Remember, you're paying for the Tiffany name. But keep in mind that Tiffany doesn't create its own diamonds, so much like sugar or salt, you can slap any name on them and charge what you wish.

I think my BF has a healthy budget (but then again, I don't know what the norm is here). We looked at one ring that was 0.91 H VVSI and he said he can make it work, but after taxes, it will be the top end of his budget. He said he's going to see our SA and play around with the stone to ensure that he'll make it work. He knows the style I want and that one of the important factor for me is the diamond be proportionate to my hand (I have a larger hand my ring finger is 7.5 (tiffany sizing) and 7.75 regularly).

If you're not comfortable with researching diamonds, or purely don't want to, then you can't go wrong with Tiffany. Just keep in mind you will pay quite a premium.
I am quite comfortable doing the research and have done a lot. Both sales reps from Birks & Tiffany were impressed with the questions I have asked during our meetings. However, I feel like I can easily be persuaded or I am a little too trusting. I've been to jewelers (independently owned) for minor watch or jewelry related things and I've over heard couples coming in trying to sell their engagement ring to upgrade or etc and even though the colour seems good (closer to colourless) I've overheard the jeweler saying that they won't buy it. I think that's what I am fearing. My BF and I talked about this more last night... and he seems to also like the idea yes we are paying premium, but at least we know we'll get good quality diamond and the resale value may stick because of the brand name attached to it as well (their upgrade policy is you have to double within the first 5 years which is a lot)

Here is my ring.
OMG!!! So pretty!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:Thank you for sharing the picture with me!!!! I literally can't sleep any more! I keep on looking at the picture/video of the ring I took and googling online. I ask him every day if I can get the ring today lmao!

As a person who loves Tiffany, it was my dream to own a Tiffany engagement ring since teen years as well. I went the Tiffany route and never regretted it. I am very well aware that I could have gotten a ring from another vendor and have gotten a bigger stone. The appeal of owning a Tiffany engagement ring out weighted the increased carat weight I could have gotten. When buying designer anything you make a choice: brand vs value.

A few weeks ago I made the choice to go with a brand again as I chose to buy a .22 Fancy Orange Yellow Diamond Soleste from Tiffany. Could have I bought a bigger stone from another vendor? Yes! Would have it been what I really wanted? No!

Find something that you love and go for it; branded or not it will be beautiful and will represent one of the best times in your life. Congratulations in advance.

Yes! You got the gorgeous soleste as a push present right? I saw that in the post! Gorgeous ring.
I think what we need to perhaps do is compare other diamonds as well. Tiffany's diamond did have amazing sparkle (I checked it under the table to get away from the fancy lights)

I am extremely happy with Tiffany diamonds and never felt the need to have it appraised by third party. I have been on the hunt for studs and seen GIA certified diamonds (IF/FL, triple ex ) I compared it with the centre stone of my ring and the vendor said..... you can't compare these to Tiffany diamonds.:P My next stop will be Birks, they carry beautiful Canadian diamonds but I find the prices are crazy expensive.I like to do comparisons before committing to a big price tag item.

Do your research. Look and try as many rings possible. Good luck.

I am glad that even the vendor said you can't compare that to Tiffany's.
I have been to Birks twice. Once by myself and had a wonderful SA who helped me try on rings (despite me coming in my sweats that I slept in). She cleaned the diamond and it was sparkly. When I went with my bf the other day, the original SA that helped me transferred locations and the other SA didn't even cleaned the diamond for me. I couldn't tell if I was looking at visible inclusions or finger prints. That being said, Birks diamonds are gorgeous (from what I remember from my first trip) and prices are a little bit more reasonable compared to Tiffany's (for engagement rings). If Birks carry the style you like, I would recommend it. Unfortunately Birks didn't have the style I liked. Hope you get a really good SA. The SA I had was very nice. The SA we had when I went with my bf was very pushy and tried to get him to put a deposit down to bring in a ring for him to see and completely trashed Tiffany. Where as in at Tiffany, our SA said she can bring in any ring to the store with no obligations and she praised Birks for their standard and gorgeous diamonds too.

Congrats on such an exciting period in your life! I got engaged in December and I went down the same path as you. We went everywhere from Tiffanys and Birks to Costco! I did want to check out a custom Jeweller on shutter street in Toronto but never got around to it. In the end he made the decision to get Tiffanys for the same reason the upgrade policy and the fact that Tiffany diamonds do better on the resale market than would a ring from anywhere else. Also if you are an avid Tiffany jewellery lover then getting a Tiffany ring means a lot more to you than it would for someone else.

Personally nothing at Birks spoke to me either the way the tiffany rings did. Tiffanys has a great 0% financing plan for 13 months which can help in making the ring a little more affordable.

I would say either get Tiffanys or go to a custom Jewellery guy.

Reactions: jennzy

I forgot to ask, please share your ering!!!! Your yellow diamond ring is gorgeous!

Congrats on such an exciting period in your life! I got engaged in December and I went down the same path as you. We went everywhere from Tiffanys and Birks to Costco! I did want to check out a custom Jeweller on shutter street in Toronto but never got around to it. In the end he made the decision to get Tiffanys for the same reason the upgrade policy and the fact that Tiffany diamonds do better on the resale market than would a ring from anywhere else. Also if you are an avid Tiffany jewellery lover then getting a Tiffany ring means a lot more to you than it would for someone else.

Personally nothing at Birks spoke to me either the way the tiffany rings did. Tiffanys has a great 0% financing plan for 13 months which can help in making the ring a little more affordable.

I would say either get Tiffanys or go to a custom Jewellery guy.

YES! I remember reading your post about it! Did your fiancé get slightly offended that you wanted a different stone? I am trying to figure out what is important to me. Obviously Cut is the most important and I have nothing to worry about going to Tiffany or Birks or even a very reputable custom jeweler. I originally it was the carat size as I want it to be proportionate to my hand. I have rather larger hand (long chubby fingers with a large palm) my ring finger being 7.5 (tiffany sizing or 7.25). Trying to figure out if I can sacrifice the colour for the carat size.. However, I don't want to put him in an awkward finical situation. Or the pressure. Perhaps I should ask the lovely ladies here to share their any Tiffany engagement ring in regular lighting (not the sparkly lights at Tiffany) and see if I even notice any difference. At the store, I was able to only pick out the better colour just because I was really concentrating and it was being compared. Not sure if this is because the lighting made everything so sparkly!!! (I also took the video of me wearing the ring and I kept on commenting on the sparkle and how my camera wouldn't focus!!)
Thank you! I have a 1.02 classic Tiffany Setting. The band is also Tiffany (however it was bought that preloved for a steal). My ring size is a 5.5.
What a gorgeous ring!!!! You found a band that was preloved? That's amazing! The band that goes with the Harmony ring is almost 3000$ Plus taxes in Canada. I told the bf that I will pay for my wedding band,,,

I hope I'm not intruding. Can you share the colour of your ring? I am trying to compare various colour and it's sparkle in non-Tiffany store lighting

YES! I remember reading your post about it! Did your fiancé get slightly offended that you wanted a different stone? I am trying to figure out what is important to me. Obviously Cut is the most important and I have nothing to worry about going to Tiffany or Birks or even a very reputable custom jeweler. I originally it was the carat size as I want it to be proportionate to my hand. I have rather larger hand (long chubby fingers with a large palm) my ring finger being 7.5 (tiffany sizing or 7.25). Trying to figure out if I can sacrifice the colour for the carat size.. However, I don't want to put him in an awkward finical situation. Or the pressure. Perhaps I should ask the lovely ladies here to share their any Tiffany engagement ring in regular lighting (not the sparkly lights at Tiffany) and see if I even notice any difference. At the store, I was able to only pick out the better colour just because I was really concentrating and it was being compared. Not sure if this is because the lighting made everything so sparkly!!! (I also took the video of me wearing the ring and I kept on commenting on the sparkle and how my camera wouldn't focus!!)

What a gorgeous ring!!!! You found a band that was preloved? That's amazing! The band that goes with the Harmony ring is almost 3000$ Plus taxes in Canada. I told the bf that I will pay for my wedding band,,,

I hope I'm not intruding. Can you share the colour of your ring? I am trying to compare various colour and it's sparkle in non-Tiffany store lighting
My ring is an F colored. For me, I sacrificed clarity because I wanted color, cut and size more. My stone is an SI1. Tiffany is very selective when choosing SI1s, so I had non issue getting this stone from them. It really depends on what is most important to you. I find that most people end up sacrificing something.

Last edited:

At first I was a bit hesitant to even ask him about exchanging the ring but he said he would rather I be 100% on the ring so I'm glad I did go back and exchange. You are paying a premium with Tiffanys so you want to be sure you are happy with it. The ring we exchanged it for was a smaller carat size and higher Colour grade so he actually saved around $2000 from the exchange! So it was a win win for him. For me I wanted the most sparkly diamond possible rather than the biggest. The ring he got me was an I colour stone and I swapped it for an F color stone. Under non Tiffany store lighting the Color is noticable more easily. I would recommend you go with 1.Cut 2. Colour 3. Carat size 4. Clarity.

Reactions: MsHermesAU
At first I was a bit hesitant to even ask him about exchanging the ring but he said he would rather I be 100% on the ring so I'm glad I did go back and exchange. You are paying a premium with Tiffanys so you want to be sure you are happy with it. The ring we exchanged it for was a smaller carat size and higher Colour grade so he actually saved around $2000 from the exchange! So it was a win win for him. For me I wanted the most sparkly diamond possible rather than the biggest. The ring he got me was an I colour stone and I swapped it for an F color stone. Under non Tiffany store lighting the Color is noticable more easily. I would recommend you go with 1.Cut 2. Colour 3. Carat size 4. Clarity.
Tiffany does have I think 90 day exchange policy I believe right? I forgot what they said. I'm glad he saved the money!!! Hehehe!so the I colour was really noticeable in the day light? Do you by any chance have any pics of the I coloured stone under regular light? I wish I could take out the rings and see them in non-tiffany lighting. I wonder if they will let us if the sales associate holds them... hee hee! Or perhaps I'll ask the ladies to share their Tiffany diamonds under non-tiffany lights