Tiffany Engraving

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm ordering my fiance's w-band on Mon or Tue from Tiffany and I wanted to get it engraved. Does anyone know if I order it from the store or over the phone, instead of online, how many characters I can get engraved and how long it would take for the engraving? I know if I order online I only get three characters, but it says it differs in store.

2. Last time I purchased engraving (which was 10 years ago, btw) it was $5 extra dollars for each extra letter. It took about 10 days. Wait for someone who's done it more recently to respond.

3. It costs $30 for the first three letters and $6 for each additional letter. Hand engraving takes about 2 weeks.

4. Thanks ahertz and antique.
    Antique do you know how long it takes for machine engraving?

5. I should take about a week. Unfortunately, machine engraving will wear away over time. So, it is best to get hand engraving.

6. O good to know I didn't know that. Thanks again

7. Definitely go for the hand engraving! It looks amazing! Congrats on your upcoming wedding :flowers:

8. I second the hand engraving. It looks so much better too. BTW, you do not necessarily have to get it done at Tiffany's. I am aware of an hand engraver in NY who used to do a lot of Tiffany's stuff. So, at least at that time they did not even do it in house. If you have a hand engraver locally, it might cost you less to have them do it. Although, hand engraving is becoming a dying art and there are few left these days.