Tiffany discount

Faith2

O.G.
Jul 15, 2008
I have never heard of Tiffany's giving a discount.

When my husband and I bought a diamond channel band we asked for a discount but they said they don't give discounts. If they are giving discounts, I would like to know too. Maybe it is something new?

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
In general, Tiffany does not give discounts. However, there are some rumors on the forum where people were able to get minor (few percentage points) discount when buying an item over the $100k range so try a forum/google search.

kohl_mascara

On to the next one!
O.G.
Oct 30, 2008
In general, Tiffany does not give discounts. However, there are some rumors on the forum where people were able to get minor (few percentage points) discount when buying an item over the $100k range so try a forum/google search.

I was told this by my SA while purchasing my engagement ring. Tiffany will negotiate a little bit with big ticket items but I am not 100% sure what "big ticket" was. . .I was thinking 70k+ but I could be wrong. There have been specific instances of Canadian tPFers (surfergirljen) getting a "discount" by paying the US price.

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I was told this by my SA while purchasing my engagement ring. Tiffany will negotiate a little bit with big ticket items but I am not 100% sure what "big ticket" was. . .I was thinking 70k+ but I could be wrong. There have been specific instances of Canadian tPFers (surfergirljen) getting a "discount" by paying the US price.

I spent over that amount :shame: and was not offered a discount. I even made an off the cuff remark about "free sales tax" (which would be 6% off) and the comment just received some giggles and then a change of topic. Oh well, its always worth a shot (with big ticket items) if you're not too shy. Unfortunately I just get blinded by the bling and don't want to ruin my experience by being pushy. Best of luck OP. :smile:

VivianYY

O.G.
Jul 20, 2010
Company I was previously with has a Tiffany corporate account and we got 15% off a watch that we gave our HR director as a going away present but this discount unfortunately does not apply to any diamond jewelry.

Though recently when I bought from Tiffany, I got them to resize my old engagement ring for free which would've normally cost $175 and I also got 2 valuation reports on some diamond items that I have lost during my move, those valulation reports would've cost me $200 a piece so I thought that was a pretty good discount in the form of customer service.

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I know they had some type of corporate discount. Not sure if that is still true. I worked for a company that received 10%off Tiffany.

This corporate discount only applies to the silver gifts line of Tiffany items. Things like letter openers, picture frames, paperweights, etc. (Maybe leather items too, I'm not sure.) But it doesn't apply to diamond or gold jewelry.