Tiffany diamond help please !!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone !

My my "baby" brother ( not so baby anymore ) is getting engaged and I have been helping him find a diamond ring through a reputable diamond distributor in our city . Today they emailed me saying someone have their Tiffany ring ( I guess they got divorced or something ) they are offering a 1.09 CRT Tiffany ring ( with cert and box ) at a great price . The issue I am having is when I put the dimensions into the hAC calculator it's saying the girdle is "dangerously thin" is that possible for a Tiffany diamond ? I'm confused . Any help would be appreciated ! I've attached the cert Thanks !

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392406483.838342.jpg

2. You're probably inputting one of the figures wrong, it's a 1.0 on the HCA. Now, that said, it's deep for that table percentage.

Is this an INTACT Tiffany item? I'm a little confused as to how a "reputable diamond distributor" would have a loose Tiffany stone and that is a little concerning regarding authenticity.

3. Oh really ? I must be doing something wrong . It's in a band (attached ) but I have no idea if this is a band which is offered from Tiffany . ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392417290.597585.jpg

Thanks so much ame ! Does the cert seem real ? They are giving it almost 50% off Tiffany price ( still overpriced for a non Tiffany diamond though)

4. I should mention this company own a big auction company too ( hence why they get estate jewlery )

5. That doesn't apparently to be a Tiffany setting I recognize.

6. Is that a half bezel?

7. That is the Tiffany Etoile setting.

8. Yea that's why I was asking if it was a half bezel. That photo is kind of blown out with the flash around the stone, so I was trying to confirm if that was really that setting.

I am glad you clarified that it's mounted and intact. If there's confirmation that it's legit and the diamond matches the report, it might be a good sale.

9. Not sure if it's he bezel :sad: thanks for your input ... I'll dig a little deeper :smile:

10. Get a photo without flash in better lighting bec I think MatAllston is right--assuming that's really the intact setting.