Tiffany diamond cross necklace

neennara

Oct 5, 2017
I’m interested in getting the diamond cross necklace in yellow gold but i’m not sure which size I should get. I want something that I can wear with everything, from casual to formal setting. I really like the mini one but will it be too small for me since I am 5’8”? These are the pictures of the small and mini diamond cross necklaces that my SA sent to me. Thanks!
42E8AFD7-F6EC-4728-ABCB-CA4A5B2E721E.jpeg
7B8C905C-C642-4BE2-A32E-1B1F865F2649.jpeg

Reactions: keodi
I have the large in platinum for 20 years. It's my favorite Tiffany piece and also my college graduation gift. The diamonds are shiny and bright and the necklace almost disappears into my skin. Elizabeth Hurley was sporting hers (large) back in the days, and I just fell in love with it.

For long term, go for the small, if not bigger. The mini is too mini imho, and with diamonds, women only go bigger!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And back in the days, we didn't even have size mini.

Have fun shopping.
elizabeth-hurley-red-carpet-looks-today-180305-2000_24ec612f246830d369b00209fb74cd40.fit-1120w.jpgcd2cde3e049485b093d70f1d2f198e65.jpgElizabeth-Hurley-and-Hugh-Grant-1280x720.jpgelizabeth-hurley-and-hugh-grant-news-photo-76048206-1560872189.jpg

Last edited:
I’m interested in getting the diamond cross necklace in yellow gold but i’m not sure which size I should get. I want something that I can wear with everything, from casual to formal setting. I really like the mini one but will it be too small for me since I am 5’8”? These are the pictures of the small and mini diamond cross necklaces that my SA sent to me. Thanks!

Which one did you end up getting?!???! Please update us! Since you are 5'8", I suggest something bigger so a size small will be better.

I got 2 Tiffany crosses (Small & Large) more than 10 years ago. They don't even have mini back then. I like dainty, small & delicate jewelry, but I think the mini will be too small & underwhelming. I have been wearing my size small cross for years. I put the large one away since it is too sparkly and it draws too much attention. It feels a bit heavy too. After seeing this thread and people still love the large cross, I should take it out and use it. I agree that as I age, the bigger the diamond...the better. LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::angel::heart: Hahaha. Here is a picture of the small that I am wearing. Take a look at the large & the small for comparison. The Large was like 1.67 ct & the small was around 0.51 ct. I notice that on Tiffany website now, the small cross is only 0.42 ct & they have a medium size (0.90 ct) too. Back then, (more than 10 years ago), they only have 2 sizes for cross which is small (0.51 ct) and the large (1.67 ct).

746740.JPG

750321.JPG

Last edited:
I think the OP came and went (not sure why people do that), but ladies... wow... your cross necklaces are beautiful!
I had never noticed this piece, but it's so gorgeous. I love how the chain seems to loop through the cross and not have a separate bail. I see Schumberger has cross too, but with Xs.

I'd love to see a mod shot of today's size medium if any of you have it.

Love all your beautiful crosses!

Last edited:
Which one did you end up getting?!???! Please update us! Since you are 5'8", I suggest something bigger so a size small will be better.

I got 2 Tiffany crosses (Small & Large) more than 10 years ago. They don't even have mini back then. I like dainty, small & delicate jewelry, but I think the mini will be too small & underwhelming. I have been wearing my size small cross for years. I put the large one away since it is too sparkly and it draws too much attention. It feels a bit heavy too. After seeing this thread and people still love the large cross, I should take it out and use it. I agree that as I age, the bigger the diamond...the better. LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::angel::heart: Hahaha. Here is a picture of the small that I am wearing. Take a look at the large & the small for comparison. The Large was like 1.67 ct & the small was around 0.51 ct. I notice that on Tiffany website now, the small cross is only 0.42 ct & they have a medium size (0.90 ct) too. Back then, (more than 10 years ago), they only have 2 sizes for cross which is small (0.51 ct) and the large (1.67 ct).

746740.JPG

750321.JPG
Hi! Your necklaces are gorgeous! I actually got the size mini, and I've been wearing it every single day. I tried on the small and medium. They’re absolutely stunning but I prefer dainty necklaces so i went with the mini.
My friend actually has the large one and wears it as her everyday necklace. Every time I see her, I can’t stop staring at her neck. You definitely need to wear yours out!
I attached a mod shot of the mini as well as a picture of the 3sizes(mini, small and medium) below in case anyone is interested :smile:

Attachments

• B4973C8D-0232-450A-8B5C-A371CA426CE3.jpeg
    B4973C8D-0232-450A-8B5C-A371CA426CE3.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 5DA9CF52-6D3F-4C64-8206-724A0E953BD9.jpeg
    5DA9CF52-6D3F-4C64-8206-724A0E953BD9.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 223
Hi! Your necklaces are gorgeous! I actually got the size mini, and I've been wearing it every single day. I tried on the small and medium. They’re absolutely stunning but I prefer dainty necklaces so i went with the mini.
My friend actually has the large one and wears it as her everyday necklace. Every time I see her, I can’t stop staring at her neck. You definitely need to wear yours out!
I attached a mod shot of the mini as well as a picture of the 3sizes(mini, small and medium) below in case anyone is interested :smile:

The mini looks really good on you. I am surprised that it doesn't look small at all. I love love the rose gold too as well. It's so pretty :love::love::love::love: Enjoy your beautiful Tiffany necklace.

Reactions: neennara and keodi