tiffany DBTY bracelet. SS or Platinum???help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, hopefully one of the tiffany experts can help me. I bought a DBTY sterling silver bracelet with one aquamarine, but i decided to return it for the 3 diamond platinum version because i want to wear it all the time without worrying about tarnishing. but........i just got home and my receipt says that the bracelet i exchanged it for is SS. and I just look at my bracelet and it says 925 on the inside....please tell me what the number format is for platinum!! I bought this in the platinum and gold floor of tiffany and was told its platinum.

TIA!!

2. Sounds like ss how much did u pay?

3. 925 designates Sterling Silver. You would of definitely have paid A LOT more money for your exchange also......going to Plat. w/ diamonds.

4. ya i paid 580 dollars more lol does anyone know what the number is for platinum? gold is 750 for 18k, SS is 925....this sucks

5. The reason you paid $580.00 more is because you went from one aquamarine to three diamonds. Also, I believe the hallmark for Platinum is Plat. or PT. There is no number.

6. ^ pt950 = platinum

7. thanks everyone...i didnt think to check in the store to make sure i was getting what i asked for...i just assumed when i was told my the SA it was platinum that was what I was getting!! this sucks because now i have to go back and return it, and i already exchanged another bracelet for this one :sad: kind of embarrassing...

8. I kind of feel tricked...the SA took me from the silver section over to the platinum and gold section and was like "oh this is perfect for you and such a good price for the platinum because the diamonds are smaller":shucks::sad:

9. The three stone in silver is $425 and in platinum is $900. So it sounds to me like they gave you the wrong item. I'd call customer service ASAP!

10. Ahertz- I know i'm going to, i think im just going to return it, this whole bracelet experience has me not wanting it anymore which makes me sad :sad: lol

11. I just called yorkdale, basically they said it was a mistake on their part, and to come back and just exchange or return, still makes me upset because now i have to go back AGAIN! tiffany is going to think im crazy:cry:

12. ^^ They should send a courier:rolleyes:!

Whiteflash has one that's only a little bit more and has 8 diamonds instead of 3...

13. hmmm tempting...ahertz your evil!! lol ya just how this was handled by the SA- even if she did realise when she put the order through that it was SS she should have said something!! I would have!

14. ^^ The difference is only $95 I think, so I'm not that evil!:graucho:

15. Ugh that whole thing is annoying!