Tiffany DBTY bracelet - 5 stone or 6?

mewt

O.G.
Apr 18, 2011
I'm looking at the platinum version, with either 5 stones (0.08ct each) or 6 (0.05ct each).

When trying on in stores, the 5 stone dbty looked just right, however I'm worried the pointy ends will hurt in daily wear.

Anyone have this style or have any thoughts? Pics?

Wow! You've got the whole catalogue! xD Thank you so much for sharing~ Can you give me your ratings on the comfort of each piece? Do any of them prick you or rub wrong, especially when typing or resting your wrists on something? Do any of them leave marks after sleeping or exercising? Do you find yourself wearing the full one more or the other ones, and why?

Also, what about flipping? I know the smaller DBTYs will flip, that's just how they are, but what of the fuller version? How does that even work if it flips? Hmm

If you could swing the fuller version I would go for that! Both are lovely but the fuller version is amazing! It acts more like a line bracelet than a DBTY piece.
That bit about the line bracelet is a good point -- I do already have a line bracelet, with 10 pointers each (same as the fuller version). I'm not sure I could justify something so similar, since I don't even wear the line bracelet that often because I prefer something lighter! I didn't even like the DBTY with 7 stones (14 pointers) in person because it looked a bit clunky. Hmmm I'd better go and try it on. >_<

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Thanks. The fuller version does poke a tiny bit but after wearing it for awhile I don’t feel it anymore. The bracelet does not flip often. The key is to size it right. I have worn it for days at a time but I don’t wear it as often as the stack of four.

I’ve had the stack of four for many years now and I pretty much wear them 247. I’ve been very happy with them, they don’t poke, they do flip but they are super comfortable. I don’t even feel that they are there.

If you are looking for something which you can wear 247, I would get the 5 stations.

Reactions: mewt
Wow! You've got the whole catalogue! xD Thank you so much for sharing~ Can you give me your ratings on the comfort of each piece? Do any of them prick you or rub wrong, especially when typing or resting your wrists on something? Do any of them leave marks after sleeping or exercising? Do you find yourself wearing the full one more or the other ones, and why?

Also, what about flipping? I know the smaller DBTYs will flip, that's just how they are, but what of the fuller version? How does that even work if it flips? Hmm

That bit about the line bracelet is a good point -- I do already have a line bracelet, with 10 pointers each (same as the fuller version). I'm not sure I could justify something so similar, since I don't even wear the line bracelet that often because I prefer something lighter! I didn't even like the DBTY with 7 stones (14 pointers) in person because it looked a bit clunky. Hmmm I'd better go and try it on. >_<
The bracelet does flip. It is light and pretty but flips. I am not sure if I shortened it more if it flip less.

Reactions: mewt