Tiffany & Co. Money Clip

Dec 3, 2006
I bought my BF this money clip from Tiffany for Christmas: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite..._params=s+5-p+2-c+288142-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t

He's only used it for about 2 weeks, but the majority of it is already really scratched up. He doesn't carry anything in his pocket except for the money clip, so I'm not sure how it got so damaged. I understand wear and tear is normal, but it was surprising to see since he's used it for such a short period of time. I guess I have pretty high expectations, considering it is from Tiffany and wasn't cheap.

Has anyone else had any experience with the money clips from there? I took it back to the store and they said I could exchange it for a new one or get it polished, but it will get scratched up again. I wanted to get some opinions on here before making my decision. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Sterling silver tends to get scratched easily. You can have the scratches buffed out at the store every once in awhile, but this will not prevent it from scratching in the future. If you really don't like the way it looks and its only been a couple weeks, than I would say return it, because it only gets more scratched up as time goes on.
I got by BF a moneyclip from there before and it never looked as good as it did when I first bought it, but he loved and I later got it engraved.
Hope this helps!

aww that's so sweet of you to get him a money clip. definately it will scratch up eventually and i think you should just get it polished once in a while. i am so hesitant to wear some of my items for that reason but...i'm trying to wean myself out of the "it's going to be new forever" phase. I think even just by rubbing the sterling silver on his jeans could scratch up the silver. don't worry sweetie, it's pretty natural for it to happen but it's the thought that counts.

Thanks for your help, ladies! I figured even if I did exchange it for a new one, it would still get scratched up. I'm going to hold onto this one and just get it polished in a few months. BF loves it, so that's what matters most. Thanks again! :smile: