Tiffany & Co Gift Box Question

Aw! That sucks! I hope (fingers crossed) that it's okay! I don't have that particular bracelet (it's cute tho!) so I can't help ya find exactly how to authenticate it (thus saving you a three hour drive!). They DO stamp their silver! It should say 'Tiffany's or T & Co.' on it with a 925 (the silver content).

If you DO end up having to go to the city, maybe you can go in April and hook up with a bunch of the Hermes tPFers in NYC (that way you can make a FUN day of it! And have people around to hug...in a worse case scenario!).

A suggestion.

Hope everything goes well!

I don't understand...you can't tell the difference when you look at your bracelet next to your friend's bracelet. It looks the same. You said it feels the same. So...why do you care if it's authentic or not? I mean, it was a gift. You like the bracelet. Wear it. Enjoy it. Don't worry about whether or not it's real. If the authenticity of a bracelet is that important to you, maybe tell your mom that you'd prefer if next time she buy something more in her price range than buy on ebay. But I think that stressing over a gift's authenticity when you already like the style/feel/design of the bracelet is a waste of time. Just wear it! JMO.

I don't understand...you can't tell the difference when you look at your bracelet next to your friend's bracelet. It looks the same. You said it feels the same. So...why do you care if it's authentic or not? I mean, it was a gift. You like the bracelet. Wear it. Enjoy it. Don't worry about whether or not it's real. If the authenticity of a bracelet is that important to you, maybe tell your mom that you'd prefer if next time she buy something more in her price range than buy on ebay. But I think that stressing over a gift's authenticity when you already like the style/feel/design of the bracelet is a waste of time. Just wear it! JMO.

ive seen fakes with the T&Co. stamp and the .925 on the back so you cant always go by that. i would get it authenticated. and i think that almost EVERYONE on tPF would agree...that if you are getting something that SAYS tiffanys on it....you darn well wanna make sure its authentic. so....thats why it matters....not to mention....buying counterfits is illegal....except in this case the person was buying as authentic....but still...i would never want an INSPIRED piece. its embarrassing especially if youre telling everyones its real and i think most would agree.:s

The other thing that you could do, if you know your mom's eBay ID, is to look her up on eBay and see what she's purchased. If the bracelet is still listed, you could go to the authenticate thread in TPF and ask about the vendor. If the vendor is authentic, presto--you don't have to drive to Boston!

^^ Good idea Saligator! I think that is a very clever way of solving your prob w/o the lengthy drive!

But, I'm sure the H girls would LOVE to see you in NYC in April :yes:

in regards to the box question..
my tiffany boxes from from jewellery purchase 3 years and b4 were smooth and were a bit lighter in colour
the new ones i've gotten hvae all been textured...

if u do need help authenticating you can post some pics.
i have the same bracelet maybe i can help :biggrin:!