Tiffany & Co Gift Box Question

I got three blue boxes as Christmas gifts--two small ones and one medium sized box. The small boxes were textured and the medium square shaped box was smooth. All were from T & Co and not fakes. So I can attest to the fact that the boxes can be different and still be authentic!

Yay! Now post pics of your gifts! Show them off with pride 'cause they are real!

agree with the above about the boxes. there are slight variations in the texture of the boxes and sometimes also with the tiny rope that cinches some of the pouches.

thanks, especially sparkles48. my mom can be easily fooled...one time she bought everyone fake coach wallets from ebay for christmas....she thought they were real because they came in boxes...she still thinks theyre real....they arent even leather. so yeah....reasons to doubt my mom...because she is always looking for a bargian and doesnt know how to spot fakes....unfortunatly neither do i when it comes to tiffanys because i only have 2 pieces.

and everyone probably just got uptight about it because they are moms. and since youre on here you obviously know about authentic and fakes but my mom doesnt. not every mom knows how to tell...so take THAT into consideration.

Yup, not everyone can spot fakes--I couldn't help ANYONE with a bag! But T & Co boxes...that I know!:smile:

Hopefully, we helped and didn't hinder!

...and I'm not a Mom so...I can only comment on boxes...which is what you were asking about. Can't wait to see your loot!

I know its a bit late for a response but rest assured. I have a few tiffanys boxes that i know are 100% authentic. The older one I have from... let me think... 5-6 years ago is smooth and the interior is white. The more recent ones I have are textured and the same turquoise blue inside. And there is a very slight variation in the shades proably from exposure of the box to sunlight or something. Hope that helps!

well,i don't know anything.what's the big deal about the boxes anyway? are they worth anything? should i have not taken the ribbonj off of the boxes? damn,should i go back and let them put the ribbon back on the box? i sure as heck can't tie a nice little ribbon like that

well,i don't know anything.what's the big deal about the boxes anyway? are they worth anything? should i have not taken the ribbonj off of the boxes? damn,should i go back and let them put the ribbon back on the box? i sure as heck can't tie a nice little ribbon like that

Okay so for an update!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I never posted pics....my camera is 5.1 megapixels but it had a hard time taking a detailed pic.

Anyways. For everyone that said....oh shame on you for doubting your mother. My mother swore on my life and her life and her dead fathers GRAVE that she purchased my bracelet from Tiffanys and NOT from ebay as i had suspected. I questioned it because there was no ribbon, no reciept and when i pulled the bracelet out it already had scratches on it.
so today i was helping mom with some ebay stuff and was on her account, checked her feedback and i found the auction for my bracelet. $100 plus $7.50 for shipping. She basically saved $20 only. and then lied to me on top of it.

So....for everyone who thinks a mom would not be sneaky like that I guess we learned something today. Now I have to go all the way to Boston to get it authenticated. A 3 hr trip for a $130 bracelet is not really top on my list of things i wanted to do.

And its weird because...i just asked her again the other day when she was cleaning her room if she found the tiffany reciept...and she said...no but shed look for it and said shed probably find it. AND when i got it on my bday and it was scratched...she was like well if you dont want it ill send it back to the store....i swear that i ordered it from tiffany.com. she knew i wanted it so bad i wasnt gonna wait to get another. now i dont even feel like wearing it till i know its real. i would have rather not had it at all.

I think we all know someone who loves a bargain and "authentic" is not often a priority. You had a feeling something was wrong... :sad:

All my boxes, and even the accompanying shopping bags, are a bit different. Even the type is different in size.

Ebay is getting really strict about fakes, so there is an excellent chance your bracelet is real or the auction would have been pulled.

Try and post pictures and those of us with Tiffany items will do our best to tell you what we think!

i'm sorry louielover! hopefully the bracelet turns out okay. i love that beaded one...i'm thinking of trading the apple one i got for that and something else.

but i'm wary of buying tiffanys from online. i always see a ton of fakes which piss me off but they're horrible fake? like a saw this girl with the same necklace as mine but i knew it was fake because of the chain. that particular one only comes in two sizes that they can adjust, and the pendant never comes off because the hole is too small to be yanked off..

hehe i'm really into details. so just check the bracelet. i haven't had a chance to see that one up close, but i know tiffany stamps their stuff and usually fakes wouldn't sport them.