Tieks by Gavrieli

Blush is very pretty. I'm just not sure how comfortable the patent would be.

I have 3 pair in the regular leather, one in the patent. Even after 2 years, the patent just isn't as comfortable[emoji853] If you read through this thread - and other sites - most seem to agree. Love the blush color, but too $$$$ for me to sacrifice comfort.

Can someone advise if there is a different time frame for break in for patent vs matte leather? And a comparison of the comfort level between the two? I really want a nude shade, but the only nude matte is the ballerina pink, which is more pink than I'd like, compared to the nude patent that they offer. Thank you for the insight!

I'm a new Tieks customer and wanted some advice on sizing. I usually wear size 7 in flats and purchased the obsidian black in size 7. They are very uncomfortable, despite several hours of walking around my house (my toes hit the end because there is only 1/2 a thumb width to the end, and my right big toe is smashed on the top). Needless to say, I exchanged them for a size 8 which are much more comfortable. I can tell that there is extra material at the bottom of the heel (although the elastic is snug and it doesn't slip off). Although the size 8 fits great now and is much better in length compared to size 7, I worry because I never buy size 8 shoes and I don't know if these will stretch out so much that they'll be unusable.

Any advice? Should I ignore the recommendations to buy my true size and get what feels comfortable now? Should I try another 7 and see if they will stretch out (I've heard they don't stretch in length)?

Can someone advise if there is a different time frame for break in for patent vs matte leather? And a comparison of the comfort level between the two? I really want a nude shade, but the only nude matte is the ballerina pink, which is more pink than I'd like, compared to the nude patent that they offer. Thank you for the insight!

The patents generally run smaller than the classics, so they can be more uncomfortable at first if you're a true whole size. They also take a bit longer to break in. I'm a half size and go up for tieks, so the patents are actually pretty perfectly sized for me and I've not had issues breaking them in. It actually might be worth trying ballerina pink because it's a lot more neutral than it looks in stock colors, at least in the photos I've seen. Tieks will let you put in for an exchange as soon as the original pair ships, so you might be able to order one of the patents and "exchange" for ballerina pink so you can compare side by side. Then send whichever you don't want back.

I'm a new Tieks customer and wanted some advice on sizing. I usually wear size 7 in flats and purchased the obsidian black in size 7. They are very uncomfortable, despite several hours of walking around my house (my toes hit the end because there is only 1/2 a thumb width to the end, and my right big toe is smashed on the top). Needless to say, I exchanged them for a size 8 which are much more comfortable. I can tell that there is extra material at the bottom of the heel (although the elastic is snug and it doesn't slip off). Although the size 8 fits great now and is much better in length compared to size 7, I worry because I never buy size 8 shoes and I don't know if these will stretch out so much that they'll be unusable.

Any advice? Should I ignore the recommendations to buy my true size and get what feels comfortable now? Should I try another 7 and see if they will stretch out (I've heard they don't stretch in length)?

The size 8s shouldn't stretch much unless you need them to! You're right that the don't stretch in length, so if the 8 is better there, you'll likely want to stay with the 8. OB is a patent, which run a little tighter than the classics.if you get a classic in the future, you might want to at least try a 7 again.

Can somebody help me with my choices. :confused1:

First of all I think about 4 (or max 5) Tieks. Max budget is around $1000.

I definitely want the Pop Pink. :heart:
But I have put more in my cart the I should have :doh::hrmm:
Tiek Blue Patent
Paradise Blue
Ballerina Pink
Outrageous Orange
Diamond White Croc
:shocked:

So any recommendations which to go for?

P.s. I already have Arabian Nights, Poppy, Electric Snake & Rose Gold Glam. :cool:

Last edited:

Tiek Blue Patent
Paradise Blue
Ballerina Pink
Outrageous Orange
Diamond White Croc

P.s. I already have Arabian Nights, Poppy, Electric Snake & Rose Gold Glam. :cool:

I LOVE the Tiek Blue!!! Those have been on my list, I just keep buying "boring colors."

Tiek Blue Patent
Paradise Blue
Ballerina Pink
Outrageous Orange
Diamond White Croc

The paradise blue look amazing! Def the pop pink. Blue patent and ballerina pink. I think the white are more summer and summer is almost over.

Reactions: Smmats