Ticked and really close to getting taken

meemie

Sep 19, 2006
Besides my obsession for purses I also make jewelry and last week ordered and won a kiln off ebay. I paid the next day using the invoice ebay sent and waited for the seller to tell me when it was shipping out. That was the 26th. I waited till tuesday to email the seller asking if it had shipped yet and got a reply that it would be shipping out yesterday. Yesterday morning I got two strange emails from him. Both talking about payment and how I could send it to a diferent paypal addy then what ebay sent me. I was like WTF I already sent payment and you said you were shipping today and now you are wondering where the payment is. So, I emailed him again last night and this morning asking for a reply and haven't gotten one. I was able to cancel the paypal transaction because it was unclaimed so I am assuming that this was a scam. So I guess I got lucky but now I have to find another kiln. It will be interesting to see if he responds back about the payment being canceled.

I'm so glad you didn't pay the different addy. There are so many shady people on eBay, sometimes I wonder how I've found so many good sellers. You have to be on guard at all times! Good for you. Better luck with the next transaction.