Thursday May 24th..Neiman Marcus Designer sale...not your avg sale

bagdizzy

All In
Mar 27, 2007
MySoju
i just called NM-newport beach. i was told sale starts on friday :tdown: my guts is telling me....it starts tomm but reserved for the store's vip.

im sure selection is better than online...esp for brands available only in the store.

this is why i am not a big fan of NM...shallow snotty culture.

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
I saw a lot of Chloes and Marc Jacobs at the Boston store. There were also Tod's, Ferragamo, Alexander McQueen, Isabelle Fiore, Chanel (the only one that I know is on sale is the clear plastic one), and Fendi, all at 30% off.

msjenn

The love of my life!
O.G.
Mar 24, 2007
San Francisco
thanks for the great sale info! I'm gonna call NM at beverly hills and hopefully check out the sale tomorrow!! ahh tPF is so bad on my wallet! what can i do, i can't say no to sales!! :shrugs:

digablebeatz

Apr 22, 2007
SF Bay Area
stopped by sf bloomie's & neiman's today to compare the sales. my conclusion: neiman's had a MUCH better selection on sale. hardly anything was on sale at bloomie's. there were an ENTIRE tables of purses in an assortment of colors and styles in the aisles! TONS of chloes and also lots of dior, mj, bbags, some miu mius.

ilovemylilo

Keep on dreamin ...
O.G.
Aug 6, 2006
Florida
I have called around all morning. Most of SA won't know what will be mark down until tomorrow. The sale will officially start Friday and last throughout the weekend. NM in Tampa currently has a lot of Chloe and Prada marked 30% - 40% off.
I stopped today on my way home from work and I saw tons of CHLOE marked down ;). I didn't get a chance to go to their CHANEL boutique but I'm definitely there tomorrow! By the way, who's you fave SA there? I always ask for Lisa.

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
Colorado
stopped by sf bloomie's & neiman's today to compare the sales. my conclusion: neiman's had a MUCH better selection on sale. hardly anything was on sale at bloomie's. there were an ENTIRE tables of purses in an assortment of colors and styles in the aisles! TONS of chloes and also lots of dior, mj, bbags, some miu mius.

HOLY WOW!!! I wish my local NM carried Dior and more bbags too....the Colo NM's selection is just not that spectacular to warrant me making the drive.

I hope some of you ladies get fantastic deals though, I will be looking out for your threads with pictures of great new bags!!! :yahoo:

evychew

Jan 16, 2007
san francisco
Someone in the Chanel forum said that if your purchase is over $1,000, the manager often will allow you to use other credit cards (i.e. visa) It may vary from location to location though.

pinkrose

O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
CALIFORNIA
ODD - I cannot imagine that it is only in my State. This is the Designer sale, not to be confused with first call sale...perhaps you should call back tomorrow and talk to someone else. :confused1:
Yes. I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the post. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't even know about this.:yes:

pinkrose

O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
CALIFORNIA
It starts tomorrow May 24th. - at least for the SFO store. How strange that they told you that.
Yeah! the lady i spoke to kept on saying "the pre-sale?" I'm like "No mam', the designer sale." She was like call back tomorrow then before she hung up, she asked what are you looking for. I'm like "Chanel" so she transfered me to their department. No one picked up. So guess i'll be heading to SF on Friday and see if they got any goodies. Thanks for the info.:smile:

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I was at my NM TODAY (wed.) and they had the presale going strong! TONS & TONS of Chloe bags (for those that are looking). A few nice Gucci bags too!

Oct 17, 2006
Bay Area
My friend and I were at the NM Last Call Outlet in Milpitas, CA earlier and as soon as I walked in, the SA started putting 20% off signs everywhere....all the handbags (patent leather Chloe, Marc Jacobs (only saw 2-3), Cole Haan, Cynthia Rowley, cute straw clutch Christian Dior, Juicy Couture, etc.). There were a whole bunch of Michael Kors bag for 75% the last listed price. I bought the large leather Juicy Couture hobo with the heavy crown on the right and left side pockets. It's simply adorable. The handle is made of leather with metal brass link chains. The retail price was $795. NMLC marked it down to $381.60!

Wait, I found it at Nordstrom.com for the regular retail price. Here's the actual name and description::yahoo:

:heart:Juicy Couture 'Princess Fluff' Shoulder Satchel:heart:
Metallic links trim a roomy shoulder satchel.
Magnetic snap closure.
Exterior zip pocket and magnetic snap pockets.
Interior zip, slip and cell phone pockets.
Leather.
By Juicy Couture; imported.
item #
price:
$795.00

Fit: Large: Holds at least a magazine, wallet and water bottle. (They're not kidding by the way, it's huge!)
Dimensions: 17"W x 9"H x 7"D. Bag sits under arm. Strap drop: 8"

Anyway, they also had jeans and tops for 20% off like Rock and Republic, Antik Denim, Ed Hardy, etc.

I think the entire store is 20% off and there are some that are more. I'm sure they're getting ready for the 3-day weekend. And can't forget about the precious shoes for 20% off. My friend was in love with the Manolos!! Anyway, tomorrow (Thursday) would be a great time to go before the crowd steals all the deals.

Happy Shopping!

Attachments

Nov 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Aaaah! You're all killing me! I hope you get something good!!!!

If anyone sees a black medium muse on sale tell me and I will at least try to call and talk them into sending it to me!!