Thrill of the hunt???

1. Does anyone else suffer from "Thrill-of-the-hunt"-itis? I swear when I'm looking for a certain bag that it will be "the one". I'll use it forever and quit my obsessing about purses. The problem is, practically the day I find a great deal (especially on something great at Marshall's) I start looking for my next conquest...I've decided there is no one perfect bag, but really, just how many does a person need???!:cry:

2. I do it ALL the time!:biggrin: The thought of getting the bag is so exciting, then when you get it, it's like OK, what can I find now.. It's a vicious cycle that my credit card does not like! LOL

3. I so am in that hunt and kill mode for all shopping but especially for purses

especially because one of my bag requisites is from a sale table

4. I'll often go out "window" shopping for purses, swearing up and down that I won't buy a single one. And of course, I come home with two or three. Or I say that I'm just going to get one "perfect" purse for whatever occassion and end up finding a couple "perfect" purses.

5. guilty :shame:
    I got 3 purses for my B-day ended up returnig one b/c I ddn't love it and comtemplating selling another. But now I've moved on and there are at least 3 bags on my list and I'm not sure I love any of them. I need to slow down

6. I tend to decide I HAVE TO HAVE a bag that is discontinued or past season. Talk about hunting!:biggrin: For example, right now I am searching (and this has been quite a search) for a Cynthia Rowley bag that I have since found out is at least 2 seasons old and is NOWHERE to be found. Not in any stores (TJs, etc...) outlets (Off Fifth) or anywhere on the internet (incl.eBay). I will find it though, then I'll be off on another hunt! At least it keeps me from buying too frequently!:biggrin: So I totally understand what you mean about the thrill of the hunt!

7. i've had a list of bags what i wanted to get, especially the paddy n a dior romantique bag.. but for now, I can wait.. i have so many bags I don't even use......... definitely slowing down for a while here..

8. I am relating to Alvie223.

I have my list of clothing wants (but they have to be steeply discounted), and prowl the stores and web constantly for same.

I have my list of post-season bag wants (also need to be steeply discounted), and prowl the stores and web constantly for same.

I have my list of IT bag wants, and am constantly working on financing for same (read here: selling off stuff, saving my lunch money, tallying my total every week, etc.). I put one more Phoebe to bed over the weekend (my third), and am now figuring out how to swing the Elgins (in a variety of colors, of course!). :biggrin:

I need all this stuff like a hole in the head, but it sure is fun.

9. Well... I think I have about 10 now.... so... 11? (may need to be adjusted at a later date)

10. I'm like that with handbags too - I've got to have it, it's essential to my happiness - of course it only lasts till the next passion develops - It reminds me of how some men are about women.

11. LOL same here!!!
    I love looking for my next purse ;)

And after I get it, I have to move on and find a new one!

12. i'm exactly like that too! everytime i eye an expensive bag, i convince myself of how it'll be a classic, and i'll use it forever, etc, etc. after a week or so, i start comtemplating about another new one. I usually still love the old one, but i'd be looking for excuses - i.e if only the straps were longer, etc to start looking for a new one.

13. YES YES YES!!! That's my problem exactly, and I fee so guilty about it. I just want to be happy with my stuff, but the minute I get it..... I hope I can recycle what I have!!! I hate this obsession sometimes.

14. Guilty! eBaying for good deals on authentic bags hasn't stopped since I started!

15. I can relate to this lust compulsion with handbags...an unsatiable appetite to seek out and then hopefully feel satisfied, but alas,no.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice