***Three reissues to choose from, help me choose one!***

It is great at any time. The color changes a bit in each different lighting situation. I love it. I don't feel that I have to worry about the patent as much if I get a drop of rain on it. That can be an issue where I live. This size bag is going to be $5400 after the price hike. It is probably a good time to get it now.
I know! The 227 was $4000 in May'11 and will be $5400 probably in Jan'12 after two cycles of this mad increses :mad::mad: therefore price is one important factor not to postpone further! But all three are lovely!
I personally like the bronze more..I myself have been eyeing this bronze and kept looking at pics posted by seller on Ebay too...2nd choice would be a "dark burgundy" instead of the light burgundy..if you could choose the dark burgundy...
The "light" burgundy is actually a burgundy to dark burgundy IRL, and is a gorgy color. Combined with the patent and the larger size of the 227 it might be problematic to match! But I DO like the patent enourmosly!
I find the bronze to be easy to pair with clothes. No patent in my life.
I am affraid this shade of dark gold may look"tired" or too old??
I have the burgundy leather , and love it . My first reissue.
Congrats!! You have a great bag, let see how it turns out for me!! But I know all three bags a winners!
Burgundy calf all the way! It is the most classic and versatile of the three choices although the others are lovely.
Yes! The model is the ultimate classic itself! I just read a book about Coco's life and saw the pics of the first "reissues". The bag has not changed in the design, only the materials.

I don't find the bronze too old nor tired. Love mine! :smile:

Thank you for this info!! This is the only one bag from the three I need to decide from pictures! I searched the "my chanel in action" thread and only saw one TPefer posting pics and I loved them! Do you mind to share the color code for your bag so I know we are talking about the same color? TIA:smile::smile:

Thank you for this info!! This is the only one bag from the three I need to decide from pictures! I searched the "my chanel in action" thread and only saw one TPefer posting pics and I loved them! Do you mind to share the color code for your bag so I know we are talking about the same color? TIA:smile::smile:

Mine is the 09A Bronze. I cant' find the color code... sorry! I do love the color though.

Found this: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-one-get-227-reissue-09a-matte-bronze-546802-3.html
I have the same bronze reissue.

I have the light burgundy patent and it is really beautiful IRL and is now one of my favorite bags. The color changes when light hits it going from a deep burgundy to a reddish burgundy. It's hard to describe. I get a lot of compliments every time I use mine. I had the burgundy aged calf too but returned it the very next day as I found the colour rather disappointing. The color is not as rich and it has an orange undertone which didn't show up in the photo my SA sent me although the color in your photo is accurate, I would say. If you like that shade of burgundy, then go for it otherwise I say go for the patent which I personally think is stunning. Depending on your size, I think the patent is a 227 would be o.k. too. A 227 is not really all that much bigger than a 226.

I have the light burgundy patent and it is really beautiful IRL and is now one of my favorite bags. The color changes when light hits it going from a deep burgundy to a reddish burgundy. It's hard to describe. I get a lot of compliments every time I use mine. I had the burgundy aged calf too but returned it the very next day as I found the colour rather disappointing. The color is not as rich and it has an orange undertone which didn't show up in the photo my SA sent me although the color in your photo is accurate, I would say. If you like that shade of burgundy, then go for it otherwise I say go for the patent which I personally think is stunning. Depending on your size, I think the patent is a 227 would be o.k. too. A 227 is not really all that much bigger than a 226.
Shimmery, you are lucky to already own the patent light burgundy. What size is yours? I have a small card case in this color and absolutely love it for the past 4 months! I have seen the burgundy calf at Saks and liked it. I would prefer the patent but in the 227 size it could be overwhelmig! I only know my little card case... :graucho:

Mine is the 09A Bronze. I cant' find the color code... sorry! I do love the color though.

Found this: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-one-get-227-reissue-09a-matte-bronze-546802-3.html
I have the same bronze reissue.

Thanks for the link! I read the entire thread - almost everyone voted for the matte bronze! Lovely color. Most intriguing was that the situation of the OP was almost identical:biggrin:: decide between bronze and burgundy when a price increase was iminent! I only which the prices were close to the 2009 prices! Oh well.

Shimmery, you are lucky to already own the patent light burgundy. What size is yours? I have a small card case in this color and absolutely love it for the past 4 months! I have seen the burgundy calf at Saks and liked it. I would prefer the patent but in the 227 size it could be overwhelmig! I only know my little card case... :graucho:

I have the 226 but I don't think the 227 would be overwhelming. I posted a pic of the 227 aged calf next to my 226 patent so that may give you an idea of the size.

Also, you can see how rich the color is on the patent. The lighter color on the aged calf just didn't work for me personally. Anyway, you can't really go wrong with whichever one you ultimately decide on, they're all beautiful....

Attachments

• IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 146
I have the bronze...so I definitely vote for the bronze! Bronze!

burgundy aged calf

Bronze gets my vote

I like the red one~

Four ladies, two by two different opinions! This is not making my life much easier! :smile:
Thank you for your opinions! Bronze (actually the correct name is dark gold) is a versatile metallic, and the burgundy calf adds more color to the outfit. I am going to bed now and hopefully will know better tomorrow morning. For sure I know what my dreams will be tonight! :P