Three lionesses take pride in a surprising early bath

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Three lionesses were pictured taking a swim near the Chobe National Park in Botswana.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...ee-lionesses-pride-surprising-early-bath.html

The misconception is that all cats hate getting wet or being in the water.

Some big cats, especially tigers, can swim.

Also, certain breeds of housecats can swim. Some Turkish Angoras will bathe with their owners (another link to the cousin Armenian Van, which is known as "the swimming cat").

The Turkish Van is also known as a "swimming cat."

Attachments

• In The Deep End.jpg
    In The Deep End.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Making Waves.jpg
    Making Waves.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 56
  • Doggy Paddle.jpg
    Doggy Paddle.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 59
Remember Louis? I'm almost 99% sure he's a Turkish Angora. He would often hang out in the bathroom with me when I took a bath and would walk along the edge of the tub but he would never actually get in with me.

Attachments

• Louis.jpg
    Louis.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Speaking of cats and water, I have to share this story, but before I do, I just want to preface it with: everyone remember my cat Willie? The story's about him.

Anyway, when my parents were redoing their kitchen, the workers ripped everything out of the walls, leaving them full of big holes. My cats would hide when the workers were there, but would come back out when the guys left.

And they loved exploring the holes.

One night, I had gotten home. That night, I remember working an afternoon shift and then going to a class. As soon as I walked in the door, my mom told me she couldn't find Willie anywhere.

All of a sudden, we heard something from behind one of the walls.

The workers had closed up the holes that day and my mom assumed that both cats were hiding.

It turns out Willie was still in one of the holes while the guys did their work.

My dad had to cut the wall to get him out.

When we got him out, he was absolutely filthy. I suggested to my mom that we put him in the shower.

We took him into the bathroom and I held his hind legs and my mom held his front legs. My parents have one of those shower attachments and my mom used it to clean him.

I felt him tense up at first when the water hit him because he didn't know what it was but then he calmed down and started purring.

Remember those Animal Cops shows where the neglected animal is given a bath and they're just so happy to finally be clean?

Giving Willie a shower reminded me of that.

Someone later pointed out to me that it was a good thing we cleaned him up the way we did, because if he tried to clean his fur himself, he could have gotten sick.

Attachments

• Willie.jpg
    Willie.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 66
My cat, Abby, would wait outside the bathroom while I was in the shower and as soon as I opened the door, she would bound in and roll around in the damp shower! haha

love those photos. and yes. always remember, if you are being chased by a tiger, never to jump into the river. their feet are webbed for the very purpose of swimming. and they often chase prey into the river because its an easier kill.
okay.
class dismissed.