Threading vs. waxing?

I learned how to thread myself from a YouTube video but I prefer waxing. Waxing is faster and I get less breakage of hairs.

Oh boy! I'd LOOVEEE to see this!
Does it look like you're flossing... but on your face?! Hahaha. My BF went with me to get threaded once, and he said, "It just looks like that lady is flossing your teeth!"

I tried threading my brows and lip once but didn't like it. The brows were fine but the threading did a number on my upper lip area. I had a bunch of little scabs for a week afterwards. Might be because of my age and the fact that my upper lip area is a lot more delicate now.

The little scabs could have been from someone who didn't do a good job with threading your upper lip. It usually happens when they grab your skin rather than the hair.

i prefer threading. its more precise and i always get the perfect arch. My friends say threading hurts so much for them but it doesn't hurt for me at all. I guess it depends on the individual because i usually have no tolerance for pain. Threading also lasts longer than waxing for me.

Waxing is way too harsh on my skin. I have threaded my own upper lip & chin, and I much prefer it. (I'd let a pro do it if I could find one around here.) But actually, my favorite hair removal method is tweezing (which I do myself). I do a little at a time. Over time, the areas have become desensitized. Mind you, I've been doing this for decades because I've always had excessive facial hair.

I won't let anyone else touch my brows-- I tweeze them myself. Often, all they really need is a trim with scissors. I like my thick eyebrows, and from what I've seen, the salon folks tend to want to remove too much.

I will only ever thread my eyebrows...I've been seeing the same lady in Boston for a long time. You really just need to find someone whose work you like - I went through 2 or 3 before finding my current lady. It can hurt sometimes and I get some redness because my skin is sensitive otherwise its great :smile: I got my mother into it as well haha

Does your threader require you to hold ur skin taut your skin while she threads? I've been to two who do and I always feel slightly paranoid I get it wrong.
Back to topic, wax for lip and thread for brows.

I HATE threading. It is so painful. Waxing is quick and instant, threading is like waxing over a longer period, and for me it does NOT last longer, the little hairs came in just before two weeks later, with waxing i have a solid two weeks of no hair.

It makes no sense that threading makes them not grow in as fast, it just makes no sense at all, you pull a hair out and it takes the same amount of time to grow in regardless of pluck, thread, wax, epilate, etc.

Detest threading - only tried it for my upper lip and it hurts like a f***in b***h. I get bumps after too, don't from waxing. Feels like a thousand knives scraping your face. Much prefer waxing - much quicker and pain isn't as bad.