Thread for troublesome buyers?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is it possible to start a thread for sellers to share their experiences with buyers?

2. That'll be a long thread! :P

3. #3 Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    I totally understand your frustration with your buyer, but the problem with threads like this (whether they're about buyers, or sellers), in general, has always been that there is no way of telling whether it is a genuine complaint, or whether it's just some sort of revenge for a deserved neg, or some other sort of personal vendetta... :s

4. True.. and eventually no one would read thru it. Simpler to just start a new thread about an individual issue.

5. I was thinking that we could list the ebay id and a brief description of the issue.

6. #6 Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    ^ Yes, I understand, but the problem with the possibility of false allegations still remains, of course. :yes:

I just think it's a bit more likely that dishonest people will just add someone's name, along with a very quick explanation of the alleged problem, to a list; than they will start a whole thread about the person, where the truth might out?

Years ago, I started a 'List of Bad/Unreliable eBay Sellers' thread in the old Seller Watch forum and whilst I think most of the allegations were probably real, some of them may have been false, for all I know(?) and certainly, a couple of the people on the list claimed they were.

Of course, if you and other members still want to do it, despite that, there's nothing in the rules stopping you, as far as I'm aware (as long as the person isn't a member here)?

I just thought I ought to mention the potential problems, that's all! :smile: