Thoughts On Veau Naturelle?

hi there, I'm still new to the PF.. :yes: but am a total leather freak and love the rare wierd ones which no one likes.. the orangy natural leather you're describing "seems" to me like this natural pig skin they used to do and sometimes still do on special order..If it is: it's not "gold" ( tan) right? and it's not "butter yellow" like "vache Naturelle", it's not true orange, but it is orangy and has grain.. a shiny grain..??? If it IS this leather I'm thiking of... I cannot remember the "official" name of it but I have a kelly32 in it and the SA explained to me it's actually pig skin. or something like that it's GORGEOUS!!! The name is on the tip of my tongue... I'll try to find it. In the meatuime if you post a pic maybe I can tell... I love to play leather detective:P

hi there, I'm still new to the PF.. :yes: but am a total leather freak and love the rare wierd ones which no one likes.. the orangy natural leather you're describing "seems" to me like this natural pig skin they used to do and sometimes still do on special order..If it is: it's not "gold" ( tan) right? and it's not "butter yellow" like "vache Naturelle", it's not true orange, but it is orangy and has grain.. a shiny grain..??? If it IS this leather I'm thiking of... I cannot remember the "official" name of it but I have a kelly32 in it and the SA explained to me it's actually pig skin. or something like that it's GORGEOUS!!! The name is on the tip of my tongue... I'll try to find it. In the meatuime if you post a pic maybe I can tell... I love to play leather detective:P
Peau porc and it came lisse or matte. I've commonly seen it in its "natural" color, but it has been dyed. It's one of my favorite leathers. Very rigid and durable.

wow, i continue to be amazed by how much you ladies know :flowers::flowers:. . .i can only aspire to learning as much. . .in the meantime, i am immensely enjoying this guess at the leather. . .after looking at the pics of clemence, i was almost convinced that was it, because the "wrinkles" were similar, ie, kinda far apart, but "flat" unlike the bumpiness of togo. . .plus, i think the sample was thinner than togo (maybe 2mm vs. 3mm?). . .i am not sure how orange it was. . .definitely not as "tan" or dark as gold, probably closer to a buttery yellow, and it was a very soft leather, nothing at all like the chevre or the vache liegee i saw on the birkins there, which seemed like they would be almost waterproof. . .i am convinced, however, that i saw the label say something about vache and something about naturelle. . perhaps referring to just the color???. . i am thinking i should just bite the bullet and call the SA (also the director of the boutique) and just ask her. . .although i hesitate, first, to admit my stupidity :shame:, and, it is very difficult for me, cause i don't speak italian well yet!!! maybe i should offer a prize for whomever guesses closest to the real deal??? i'll have to come up with something. . .

Kln, if you're not confident enough to phone them, maybe you could go in again and ask to see the sample again, the SA's are usually very helpful and I'm sure they won't mind you asking....I pester my SA all the time with questions, I even joke with her saying that she''ll get so fed up with me eventually that she'll resign from Hermès and find another job!:rolleyes:

By the way, to answer your previous question, I'm half Italian and half English, but I've lived most of my life here in Italy...

kln....the description of the 'yellow color reminds me of my birkin.. the color is Natural Sable and the leather is fjord, it has a flat grain to it and is soft to the touch but I've been told it holds its shape more than togo and clemence.. so i don't think that's what u're looking for

Well, I've come across a detail of a leather which is quite similar in terms of grain. This is not the color, though it is similar. :shrugs:

Attachments

• leather.jpg
    leather.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 47