thoughts on this..

Hi aarti, I think you can anticipate what I am going to say :smile: Etsy: please look at this messenger by marieornelasstudio.

Measurements are about the same as the Paul Smith bag:
It is lined with a heavy duty black canvas, with pink arvika fabric that is white with pink designs. It measures approximately 9" high, 13" wide, and has a base of 4 1/2 inches. It closes with a ribbon tie and has straps approximately 38" from end to end

Unquote
She also says: "Check out my fabric selections at marie ornelas studio: custom handbags and accessories. These are only a few options that I have to offer. I can also send you a few websites with endless fabric choices that I can special order."

She will also customise messengers but that will take up to over 3 weeks.

Etsy :: SALE--Manhattan Messenger Bag
Sale: $38 plus shipping

Etsy :: DESIGN YOUR OWN- MANHATTAN MESSENGER

as an example
$60 plus shipping

How about spending $35 to try this out?

Excellent Etsy artist BlossomArts

Etsy :: Messenger Bag - Etsy Survey Bag - Shades of Blue

Quote:
Description
I took a survey of Etsy users to determine what features were most important to them when choosing a handbag. I think this purse fulfills the majority of requirements!
* Security and current style. A top flap secured by a magnetic clasp. Your stuff won't spill or be lifted!
* Functional Size - Just right proportions. This bag is 13 inches wide, 9 inches tall and 3 inches deep. Carry magazines and books, but still looks trim and slim.
* Great colors/cute exterior: This bag would look great with jeans and khakis. Also has a touch of spring green. Front and back featured a textured striped weave. Side gussets are a faded blue jean denim
* Adjustable strap made of tough khaki nylon weave strapping with a double D-ring slide and a loop to hold the ends. Adjusts from under the arm to across the chest messanger bag style length.
* Functional/fun interior - Fully lined with re-purposed denim. 2 side pockets to store smaller items made from the rear pockets of a pair of jeans.
*Quality - interfaced with fleece interfacing, double or triple stitched at stress points. Thick and substantial - will stand on its own.