Thoughts on this two-tone Paraty?

I was drawn to this immediately, though I am curious to see the colors IRL - I have noticed that a lot of the Chloe colors look significantly different IRL than online (but maybe that's just me)...other than that, I think that the subtly of the neutrals makes this a very interesting take on the Paraty.

I wouldn't buy it if were really strong colors, because I think that the designs wouldn't age well, but with these soft colors I think it's a safer bet.

I think it's very pretty, especially for spring and summer. I would love to be able to see the waxed leather in person. Why exactly they called this color "Old Pink" is beyond me though, as it looks nothing like the "Old Pink " of Paratys past. :thinking:

I think it's very pretty, especially for spring and summer. I would love to be able to see the waxed leather in person. Why exactly they called this color "Old Pink" is beyond me though, as it looks nothing like the "Old Pink " of Paratys past. :thinking:

I think it's just a fairly generic colour name and probably pre-dates the Paraty.

Most Chloe colours seem to vary from season to season.

So I already have a medium rock paraty, but I saw this too and fell in love !!
I spoke to Chloe London and they said they are only getting a rock 2 tone in Europe so I've preordered from SAKS.
Can't wait !!:biggrin:

me too. I saw the photo and fell in love. Those two colors look good together.

paraty_two_tones.jpg

saw this bag irl in the rock colour yesterday - I have been waiting for it to arrive for months! was really disappointed as the body of the bag which is meant to be 'waxed leather' is actually suede or very suede-like and scratches very easily :sad:
It does look beautiful though but I'm worried it would be difficult to maintain.

^ Oh, is it a nubuck, then?

Thought it could possibly be - Chloe have done nubuck items, in the past (the A/W '03 belt, below, for example).

I think one just expects nubuck to look a bit rugged, rather than pristine, TBH?

But no, it's certainly not as easy to maintain as regular leather.

Still like it, though! :biggrin:

Attachments

• Chloe AW '03 Belt, old pink.jpg
    Chloe AW '03 Belt, old pink.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 96
^ Oh, rougher feeling than suede?

Do you mean because of the grain, or is it actually rough-feeling?

If it is nubuck, it's more resilient than suede, as it's made from the outside of the skin (hence the grain), so I think it's better in rain, but not as good as a shinier finish would be.

Might get some rain spots, but they'd almost certainly dry out again, after a while.

It's definitely more prone to dirt than regular leather, though - any matt surface will be less dirt-defiant than a shiny one.

Last edited:
I still really love it....and I'll have to decide whether it's a keeper when it actually arrives and I can check out the texture for myself. Hopefully, Chloe leather will come through and not disappoint. I'm planning on this as my spring/summer bag, and I don't think the chances of it getting drenched in southern california during those seasons are too likely. From the pictures, it seems like it is a combination of nubuck and regular calfskin (the darker trim)? Does it look that way to anyone else? And saks describes it as "waxed leather," any chance it coud mean that the leather was treated with wax to be water resistant?