Thoughts on this turquoise vintage bag?

The non authentic strap is a no no for me.

it is one thing if Chanel had replaced it but a random non authentic strap would be a deal breaker.
It originally looked like this and the seller had it shortened. I like it better than the original style. She still has the rest of the original strap. I wonder if the leather can be made into a thin strap and woven into a chain strap. What strap should you put on it? I don’t think chanel would make a strap for it?

The color is gorgeous.
Im just alittle conflicted on the hand strap and the chain.
I agree, maybe you can ask a professional if they can interwoven some leather in the chain of the same color of the bag and maybe maybe the handle alittle more thicker so its more rounded aswell and not thin skipping the interwoven leather in between the chain to give it that unique look :smile:

kinda like this:

1612142799082.jpeg

OR better yet, just have them remove the handle they have on the bag so they can attach it to the chain so it can rest comfortably on your shoulder and it wont be uncomfortable with just the chain and still have him use the rest of the leather you have left to make a rounded thick handle like above

Last edited:
The color is gorgeous.
Im just alittle conflicted on the hand strap and the chain.
I agree, maybe you can ask a professional if they can interwoven some leather in the chain of the same color of the bag and maybe maybe the handle alittle more thicker so its more rounded aswell and not thin skipping the interwoven leather in between the chain to give it that unique look :smile:

kinda like this:

View attachment 4976047

OR better yet, just have them remove the handle they have on the bag so they can attach it to the chain so it can rest comfortably on your shoulder and it wont be uncomfortable with just the chain and still have him use the rest of the leather you have left to make a rounded thick handle like above
Yes!! That’s what leather surgeons ended up doing. Took off the top handle and added an interwoven chain :smile: