thoughts on this tote? how classic does it strike you to be?

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I think the tan one is classic. The style of the first one is classic but the color more limited or trendy

Mariquel

O.G.
Jun 23, 2008
That tan color was in when I was in high school and now, um, a lot of years later, it's still in. :biggrin:

mariak16

Jan 25, 2011
N. California
I could be wrong but I *think* the material on that gold bag is soft and delicate. I was looking at some gold bags at the FP store the other day but I can't recall exactly what they were. I didn't look long because after I felt the material I knew it wouldn't be for me. Anyway, my point is that I don't think the gold would be a good choice long term because of the delicate material. I would go for the regular leather instead like in the second pic. I think it's a gorgeous bag and could definitely be a long time staple.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I agree, if you are looking for a timeless classic, go with the tan leather bag.

Jan 13, 2011
Seattle, WA
2nd bag. Timelessly classic. In fact I bought the SV/Black one as a bag to use for a long time because recently I've been into the vintage styles and this one is like a modern classic.

May 9, 2010
Michigan
Ditto x 13...tan. This shape of a bag in general is timeless and colorwise I would stick with either the tan or black (even though that's not an option you gave...just sayin') if you want it to still be in style many years from now.

ecj*waxy

O.G.
Sep 8, 2009
I agree with the previous posters...the tan looks timeless. I love this shade of brown! IMO though, the color is not as rich in real life. Coach usually does very beautiful browns, but I was disappointed with this one.

The gold is one of the prettiest metallics I have ever seen (I have not seen it IRL, though). Although not as classic as the brown, I think it is a color that will be in style for years to come.