Thoughts on this outfit for homecoming?

Are you sure you're only 15? I wish I had half your sense of style when I was 15. It's a gorgeous outfit! Elegant and classy with a retro feel. I can totally see you with a side part, and big, sleek, finger waves and a little crystal barette pinning your hair to the side. Very Veronica Lake!

MandM: Thanks!! :smile: Normally I don't go for vintage, but I really surprised myself with how it all just...came together. :P

KristyDarling: Aww, thanks! :heart: I actually am not sure what to do with my hair, but the waves would look really cute, I think.

It seems a little casual for homecoming, no?

That's what someone else said, and I do agree to an extent. I mean, when I think of homecoming I think of silk and tulle, and puffy prom-esque dresses...which is essentially what I wore last year.

But this year, I kinda just wanna go hang with friends and have fun and not be so worried about dressing up. My heels KILLED me last year.

Plus, last year, a lot of girls I saw just wore jersey-fabric dresses and spaghetti strap dresses that didn't look overly formal.

I do see what you're saying though. :yes: Maybe I can find a way to dressy it up a little...

I think it looks great too. The formality was the only comment I had. I remember everyone on those silky evening gown type dresses for homecoming when I was in high school. The print is what is throwing it off for me for something as formal as homecoming.

You may be able to get it to dress up more by jewlery, different acessories, a different jacket, or by wearing your hair up. Also if you are just going to hand out with friends instead of the traditional date thing I understand your outfit probably makes more sense.

I love the fact that it looks age appropiate, I hate it when I used to go to sweet 16,and some of the girls looked like they worked at a strip club. Some of their dresses were so short they couldnt dance...

ITA :yes: Very tasteful and stylish!

You look so different than the girls your age that I see around here. And believe me, that is meant as a HUGE complement!!!

^ Aw thanks so much! Here, we have those girls too, and ugh, it just looks trashy, not pretty at all. And they think that guys like that, but IMHO, I think guys would rather have a girl with class in the long run.

I like your outfit, but when I was in high school it would have been too casual. They do formal wear for homecoming, but then again it was always in the cafeteria for the homecoming. So I think casual would have been much better for my school. Now for prom, we had those out in the city like the fox theater or down in really nice venues. I think for homecoming it will probably just fine. Have fun and enjoy your date.