Thoughts on this Mini?

My 3 Zees

Jan 20, 2016
Hi All!
I have been following the forum for quite awhile now, and have learned so much! This is my first thread. I have been on the waitlist for the pink chevron mini. It came in today, and the SA just sent pictures. I have been seeing a lot of posts on the forum about this season's minis as it relates to creasing and turnlocks that are crooked. In seeing the picture of the one I could purchase, I'm worried about the creases on the front flap on either side of the turnlock (on the main part of the flap, not the tab with the turnlock). I'm also wondering if the turnlock is a little crooked. I wanted to get your opinions Would these creases bother you? Do you think the turnlock looks crooked? I might be imagining things after reading recent posts about the creasing in this season's minis. Thank you all!!

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 561
I see what you mean, honestly, the crease bothers me a bit, but the turnlock looks ok.
I personally like the classic quilted pattern better than chevron. The way chevron sewed makes crease appear easier.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Thank you all for your replies! The SA removed the protective coating, and the CCs look less crooked now. But I am still debating. This purse looks so awesome on everyone, but it's not making my heart sing as much as I thought it would!! From all of the wise advice I have gotten from the forum, I've learned that a purse, especially at this price point, should really make your heart sing!

Thank you all for your replies! The SA removed the protective coating, and the CCs look less crooked now. But I am still debating. This purse looks so awesome on everyone, but it's not making my heart sing as much as I thought it would!! From all of the wise advice I have gotten from the forum, I've learned that a purse, especially at this price point, should really make your heart sing!

I was also offered this mini earlier this week and I decided to pass on it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely gorgeous and I love Chevron! However, it did not make my heart sing; I'm not sure why. Just like you said, it should really make your heart sing, especially at this price point. I wouldn't settle, but that's just me. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

Reactions: My 3 Zees
Btw, I forgot to mention in my last post, I don't think the turn lock looks that crooked (at least not in this picture) and the creases seem minor. To me, this mini is acceptable. It could've been a lot worse lol

Btw, I forgot to mention in my last post, I don't think the turn lock looks that crooked (at least not in this picture) and the creases seem minor. To me, this mini is acceptable. It could've been a lot worse lol
Your post made me feel better about potentially passing on this bag. I have been so excited about this bag, but I think I'm going to pass on it like you did. It is definitely gorgeous, but when a purchase is right for me, I usually know it right away. Thanks again!

Your post made me feel better about potentially passing on this bag. I have been so excited about this bag, but I think I'm going to pass on it like you did. It is definitely gorgeous, but when a purchase is right for me, I usually know it right away. Thanks again!

Oh girl! Trust me, I know exactly how you feel lol! I was super excited about this bag when I first heard about it, but for some reason, I just didn't love it as much after seeing it. Same thing happened to the black caviar mini from 17C; I even questioned my sanity after passing on them LOL!!! But I knew I made the right choice once I got the turquoise caviar mini in the mail. It made my heart sing and I've never been so excited before! I think just because something is hard to get doesn't always mean it's the right thing for us. I'm sure you'll find a bag that will make your heart sing soon. Chanel definitely knows how to do that [emoji6]

Reactions: Ici and My 3 Zees
I think you were right in passing especially if it didn't give you butterflies! Also, the creases and turncock not being centered (seems more space on the right side of the turncock than on the left) would've irked me to no end. I know I would've obsessed over them and it would've ruined the bag for me which by the way i LOVE!

I think you may have seen my posts on the creasing and crooked turn lock. Yours doesn't look bad. Mine did!!! I finally returned it today and awaiting another [emoji38]

IMG_1483254022.290239.jpg