Thoughts on this louis speedy 25

Rani1

Jun 4, 2020
Hi! I'm wanting to purchase this speedy 25 but I wanted to knows others thoughts on the appearance before I do, as this would be my first Louis. I want one that's made in the year I was born and this one is in the best shape and price I've seen so far

I'm curious if you guys would recommend buying it based on its appearance, or should I continue the hunt?
Would I be able to spruce it up a bit ? How much would be too much for a bag in this condition ?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :heart:20200625_172458.jpg20200625_172517.jpg20200625_172613.jpg
20200625_172558.jpg20200625_172544.jpg

20200625_172558.jpg

20200625_172531.jpg

Um.... I would pass. The handles are dirty (not patina, but actual dirt) and the piping is cracked, so you would probably want to replace that. You can work with the hardware and zipper (clean it up with brasso or that bar keepers friends stuff) and the canvas itself looks OK. But then again, the zipper pull is missing.... I would say no more than like $180-$200 for this bag. LV will replace zippers and the leather, but it can get pricey. Good luck!

I not sure what your price range is that you are willing to spend but if you can up it by $100 or so you would find some better options. Speedy 25 is a great little bag. Good luck

Reactions: Rani1
I would pass. have you considered Speedy 30? I have always consider the 25 too small, having said that it is a matter of (1) preference and (2) how much you carry.

I usually carry a small crossbody or a backpack, there's no inbetween lol. I know there's two Louis bags I want; spontini (which is proving difficult to find) and a speedy. A speedy 30 might make more sense then BC the spontini is small, but I would definitely end up attaching a strap and carrying it as a shoulder bag, I'm not sure if it's too cumbersome for that ?

Reactions: M_Butterfly
I usually carry a small crossbody or a backpack, there's no inbetween lol. I know there's two Louis bags I want; spontini (which is proving difficult to find) and a speedy. A speedy 30 might make more sense then BC the spontini is small, but I would definitely end up attaching a strap and carrying it as a shoulder bag, I'm not sure if it's too cumbersome for that ?
Not sure if it would be but that is a good point to consider