Thoughts on this Gryson bag?

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
Hi all,

Normally over on the other designer subforums but am pondering this bag. Never owned a Gryson so wondering about the quality of their bags and if anyone has this particular bag....is it heavy? Are the shoulder straps comfy?

I like it in the plum/cranberry color. I saw it on lunaboston's website.

I searched tPF for gryson bags but doesn't seem like anyone has the Hannah...? TIA!!

Link:

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Gryson/19946.aspx

love the color and the syle, very polished looking!

As for quality, I haven't purchased any of the 08 bags, so i'm not really sure how they compare to 06 and 07 bags.

That's very beautiful!

If you are flexible on color, you may, if you really like that style, want to consider an Olivia Harris. The designs are very reminiscent of each other (I believe that the OH designer once worked with Joy Gryson) and the price point is a level lower. I have the round hobo (which I got on super-sale) and it's held up nicely. The leather is beautiful and the details are very nice too. It's more likely that an OH will go on sale for a very affordable price before a Gryson! :yes:

Love the Hannah bag. I don't own one, but I have never owned a more durable bag than my Skye. It looks brand new and I have worn it many many times. The leather and the hardware are unbreakable imo.

I have a Gryson Olivia. This bag you're looking at seems to be very similar except maybe a bit smaller and Olivia has braided handles. My Olivia is holding up just fine. It's dark brown with black accents and show almost no signs of wear. I got it last fall and have used it a lot.
that plum color you're looking at looks like a nice neutral

I have never owned a Gryson, but the color is TDF! I am always drawn to bold colors. I think that plum would pop on any outfit. My problem is that I would carry it for a week then go to a neutral colored bag. If you like that plum/cranberry color, go for it! I have ordered from several times and love their customer service!

Good luck with your decision!

i have a gryson rachel, and frankly, i was disappointed with the quality... the braided handles started coming undone soon after i got the bag... it's been stuffed in the back of my closet since.

in my opinion, not worth it for the money... i would much rather spend my money on more expensive bags that will last.